Prolouge

Hey just wanted to say before you started reading this is based off of the darkest mind series. Ella the character in the book has all the abilities of all the colors.she will do a lot of the same things ruby does in the story and the plot will be similar to that if the movie I do not take credit for any of the original characters from the book or movie or the overall idea. Just so you know their are some changes not all the kids that didn't have powers died there is still several kids that have continued to live their normal lives in this story. Sorry if you don't like it that's just how I wanted the story to go. I hope you enjoy.
Please leave comments on what you think. 👍🏼
"Mom, Dad PLEASE! Don't let them take me I'm sorry I didn't mean to. Don't let them take me PLEASE,"I scream. As I watch my parents standing at the window. Tears flooding down my face as men in plastic hazmat suits with guns drag me from my home. My muscles tense as my small 9 year old body strains against their hold.
Exhaustion and a loss of hope wash over my body as I go limp.
I don't remember being put on a bus, or being given the shot. I just remember watching my parents turn and walk away from the window of our... well... their house now as we pulled away.
I woke up as we were being herded off of the bus by men in the same looking suits as the men that took me from my parents. We were lined up and given strict orders on how we were required to act. Loosing focus of the man talking I begin to take in my surroundings. It looked like a prison. We were standing next to what appeared to be large warehouses, surrounded by a large tall chainlink fence that had barbed wire wrapped around the top. I even thought I could see a portion of a guards tower. My thoughts were snapped back to attention when a boy who looked a little older than me made a run for it. He didn't make it far before there was a loud bang and he collapsed to the ground. A pool of blood beginning to form around his body.
"Don't let that be you," the guard spat before continuing his speech. "If you try to run. You will be killed. If you fight back. You will be killed. If you use your powers in a way we don't tell you to. You will be killed.
We were lined up and one by one sent into a room. The line went quickly and it was soon my turn. I walked up to the door and hesitated with my hand on the handle. A guard jabbed my side with a gun.
"Hurry up. We don't have all day." He hissed from behind his suit. With that I jerked the door open anger pulsing through my body and entered the room.
It looked like a doctors office. A chair that looked like the kind you sit in when you went to the dentist, and a big computer perched next to it.
"Come in. Sit down" the voice called from a man in a white jacket who came through a door on the other side of the room.
"What's going on right now," I ask my voice gravely from the lack of use.
"Well," responds the man. "I'm sure your aware of the children dying and I'm sure your aware of your special abilities.
"Yes," I sigh.
"Well you've been brought here so you don't hurt anyone else. We're going to do a test and it will tell us what color you are, what abilities you have. Green-intelligence, blue-telekinesis, yellow-electricity, red-fire, and orange mind control. The last two being very rare, but don't worrying I'm sure your just a green like most kids," he rattles this off as he takes a sample of my blood and clicks on the computer.
The computer starts beeping and there is flashing. The man in the jacket begins to look concerned as he grabs something from the desk. As his hand reaches toward mine with a shot. I make a run for it and he follows I fall near the door and stick out my hand making him stop. I hear a knock from the other door and loose my focus for a split second. Taking advantage of my loss of control the man come towards me again this time I each out and grab his wrist.
"Your not scared. I'm just a green like most the kids I'm one of the smart ones," I say before releasing his hand.
"Yes uh a green." He makes his way over to the computer and types something in. The computer stops buzzing and I am taken from the room by another guard. I look back my eyes quickly glowing, but it's not like the other kids no my eyes glowed as if they had been caught in the light of a rainbow. I wasn't just one color. I was all of them.