Chapter 6

I ran through the trees, tripping a few times but catching myself. As I ran, I could hear gunshots being fired. It was dark outside now and I could barely see. The gunshots stopped but I kept running.

I reached the hill and ran up it quickly passing by the dead deer and I quickly froze. Walkers were laying everywhere and almost everyone had a gun in their hands. A few of them turned their heads at me but I just started at Amy and Andrea. Amy was on the ground covered in blood with a bite on her neck and Andrea was right above her, crying.

---

We were up all night. Burning and burrying bodies. I sat against a tree looking down. Daryl and T-Dog kept on burning the rest of the bodies. I just sat there. I looked over at Andrea who was still right near Amy. She hadn't moved at all. She just stared at Amy's lifeless body. She still hadn't turned yet and Andrea didn't do anything about it. She just waited.

I sighed and stood up. I walked down to the lake and sat down right near the water. I just sat there for a while, thinking. I didn't know if I wanted to stay. I wanted to look for my dad and they knew that.

I was suddenly woken from my thoughts, I heard yelling. I stood up throwing a rock into the water and walked back to the camp with my hands in my pockets. Everyone was in a circle around Jim. He just kept saying "i'm okay..." his voice getting quieter each time. I saw blood on his shirt. He was bit, too.

I sighed. "No no no...." i kept repeating and ran into one of the tents, I didn't care who's it was. I fell onto the ground and sat up, curling into a ball. I just kept breathing, trying to control myself "no more.... no more...." I whimpered, rocking back and fourth, covering my ears. I couldn't take it. We were just losing people.

Amy...

Ed... though I think Carol was the only one who cared... but there was still care... and that mattered...

And now Jim... I couldn't take it...

I just wanted to die. Wanted someone to kill me. I wanted my dad.

The tent was zipped open and someone walked in. I didn't care. I wanted them to go away... I honestly just wanted to be alone at this point. "You alright?" I heard Daryl say. I didn't say anything I just sat there. He sighed. "You should go to sleep, you were up all night..." He said and walked away.

I stopped crying and just sat there. I eventually layed down on top of a sleeping bag inside the tent. I just layed there, looking up, and thought. Thought about everything that was happening. I held my necklace in my hands, that was still wrapped around my neck. I slowly fell asleep.

---

"I love you..." my dad said, his hand resting on the doorknob. I shut my eyes.

"Don't say that..." I said. "We'll be fine...."

"We'll be fine..." Those words rang through my head.

"We'll be fine..." My dad opened the door and suddenly everything vanished... I was alone... no one was there... not my dad... not my mom... everything was gone... i just sat in an empty void... those words still ringing in my head...

"We'll be fine..."

"We'll be fine..."

"We'll be fine...

"I love you... my little angel..."

---

I suddenly woke up, tears in my eyes. I was still laying in the tent. I rolled over onto my side, trying to sleep again.

"I love you, too..." I said quietly, falling asleep.