Off For The Day

(Hello! i am so sorry for the long wait, I never have time to update, but I am trying to squeeze time in to finish a chapter :))

Your eyes fluttered open and your view was the cieling of your room. You groaned slightly, a pain in your head as you slowly sat up before settling your hand on your temple to rub circles. Your eyes wandered off to the side and at the clock on your nightstand. It read 10 am. You are 2 hours late.

"shit!"

Jumping out of bed, you scrammed into your closet and grabbed your work clothes before running into the bathroom. You checked yourself in the mirror and realized you weren't in your pajamas. You were confused and saw stains on the sweater, which made you slightly cringe in disgust. Suddenly, you heard a voice from your kitchen and sticked your head out of your bathroom. Your bedroom door was open slightly and you noticed someone's shadow.

"Hello?", You called out quietly, not sure if whoever is out there has heard you.

Obviously they haven't heard you since it sounds like they are talking on the phone. You briskly changed into comfortable wear and walked out of your room.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me! This cannot be happening..", That accent.

You tip-toed into the kitchen and saw Gordon. You felt relief, but at the same time confusion was written on your face, since you didn't remember anything from last night. All you knew was that you were dancing, drinking and that was it.

Gordon seemed upset as he hung up the call he was on, his hand rose to pinch the bridge of his nose as he grumbled words underneath his breath.

"Hey Gordon", You said quietly, your eyebrow still raised.

The blonde turned around as he settled his phone down, looking at you with an exhausted expression.

"Morning (Y/N).. uhh, you're off today by the way", He said as you tilted your head.

"why?"

"Moving crew hasn't come in yet to replace the kitchen equipment and booths for the restaurant.. they aren't coming till tomorrow. David says everyone is off today"

Your mouth made an 'o' shape as you leaned against the counter that has ingredients on it. Your arms folded across your chest as you kept staring at the chef.

"so uhh.. why are you here?", You questioned and Gordon looked at you with a confused expression also.

"w-well not that I don't enjoy your company, I really do.. but I don't remember anything from last night", You quickly mentioned, not wanting to make Gordon unwelcomed.

"Ah.. you and I got drunk sooo David dropped us off. I was planning to have one of my crew pick me up early the morning, but this whole situation happened and they're out trying to get things fixed right away", he explained and you nodded your head as a small smile plastered on your face.

You pushed yourself off of the counter and turned around, looking down at the ingredients that were perfectly laid out and organized right next to the utensils he was using.

"So what are you making?", You asked as you looked at Gordon, a grin bloomed on his face.

"I'm going to make the most delicious german pancakes with scrambled eggs"