A Dream

(Holy shit, y'all. I am back. How are you all? I've been great. Like I've said before, a lot has happened, and I kind of leaped out of writer's block. I think? We'll see. Also, I had a timeline of events that I planned to write for these next few chapters, but I honestly forgot, and I lost my notebook of notes for this story. I'm not sure where this will lead, but right now, I'm going to go slow. Hopefully, I will get a groove and have chapters planned. Anyway, I'm glad to be back, I hope you all enjoy this chapter!)

Thunderous knocking came from the front door, waking you abruptly as you shot up. A groan of annoyance filled the room. Briskly, you stood up from your bed and hurried to the front door. Now who the hell has the audacity to bang away like a fucking maniac? Practically yanking the door open—it was David.

"Why the fu-"

"I've been knocking for a couple minutes, and I even called you!"

David exclaimed. Your eyes widened, the tension in your body vanished as you dropped your hand from the doorknob. His hands grasped your shoulders and gave an urgent squeeze. His worry-filled eyes pierced into your tired ones as his brows furrowed. 

"I thought something happened to you," his tone was serious.

You weren't sure to feel guilty or think he's a complete dumbass.

"Why would anything happen to me? I was just asleep, yesterday was a lot."

"You gave Gordon an extra key," he responded.

"How do you know that?" You got snappy since you weren't exactly happy from the way you were woken up.

"(Y/N), I'm not stupid."

The brunette replied harshly as he walked past you, basically barging into your apartment. You were surprised but let the larger man have his way. Shutting the door behind you, you turned around and faced your angered boss.

"You did it with your last love interest, and where did that end up going?"

I can't fucking believe you.

"My abusive ex-boyfriend?! Are you fucking insane?!"

Your heart palpitated as you felt your blood rush with heat. Are you even comprehending what he's saying? Or are your ears not cleaned out?

"He's nothing like Luke! You know that! I can't believe you would try comparing Gordon to him!"

You were beyond angry. Hatred fogged your mind. Not towards David, but the monster he mentioned. The brunette took a step backwards from your shouting. He realized he's triggered something and stepped off, gaining his composure and he wondered why he even brought that up. 

"... (Y/N), I'm so sorry. I don't know why I said that. I wasn-"

"You weren't thinking," you interrupted him.

You wanted nothing more than to kick him out. Your thoughts were a hot mess; completely scrambled. 

David wanted nothing more than to calm you down. He took a chance at placing his hand on your shoulder, expecting you to yank away, but you let him.