Chapter two

"Konica!"
The girl glanced up from her diary curiously at the mention of her name. After a few seconds she caught sight Kactha sprinting towards her with an absolutely gleeful expression on her face. She couldn't help but grin at her excitable companion and waved at her, before putting away her diary as Kactha neared her table. She sat down hurriedly and set her lunchbox down on the table with a curt slam and Konica giggled.
"Eager, are we?" She quipped and Kactha rolled her eyes, immediately beginning to eat. The day wasn't different to any other, in all honesty. It was boring and uneventful as usual, but Konica had become vaguely aware of the new girl that sat across from her in some of her classes. She didn't think much of it to be honest. Break had come early and she was already in the process of devouring her bagel.
"So," Konica mused over a mouthful, her pen still working away at the paper, "how's life?"
"Could be better." Kactha replied drowsily and fussed over the crust of her bread, discarding and moulding it in places. "I've already been called a skank multiple times and it's only the first day," a sigh followed her downcast confession and she rested her face on the table defeatedly.
"Don't worry, I'll punch em for ya." Konica said and Kactha let a small laugh pass her lips, as she smiled fondly. "You wanna go and get summore bagels?"
"Obviously."
So the two girls got up and joined the back of the unnecessarily long line. In a matter of minutes they were being served and had to scope out a new seat as some random kids had stole their previous one.

Suddenly an almighty yell sounded from behind them, and then Kactha's tray was being slapped from her hands, falling to the floor with a large clank. The poor girl looked absolutely distraught and the laughter that followed made Konica's blood boil. The perpetrator was in fact the gremlin faced troll known as RaMillie and the obnoxious laughter came from her partner in crime KurtOe- they were known for their burly statutes and sportsmanship but they were absolute idiots!
"Hey!" Konica screamed towards them, face angered as she stomped right up to the girls, whose laughter had promptly stopped.
"I'm sorry but are you actually talking to me?" RaMillie scoffed with a distasteful expression.
"Yes, I want to know what gives the right to pick on my friend! You're really that sad that you find amusement out of other people's sadness? You're not going to make anything of your life, you're a future gas station attendant!" In the midst of her little rant, the girl's eyes had fixated on her forehead.
"You have a zit right there." KurtOe suddenly chortled and the rest of the cafeteria erupted into tumultuous laughter all over again. Konica growled, grabbing Kactha's wrist and pulling the two of them away from them.
"You can just have mine." She grumbled angrily and Kactha gave her a grateful smile, but the two of them grew suspicious when the taunting laughter suddenly became hushed whispered.

They turned their heads to see what it was all about, only to see the queens of the school sauntering down the cafeteria.