Chapter 10

When I woke up I thought my alarm was going off because of the beeping I was hearing, but when I opened my eyes, I saw that I was in a hospital room.

This isn't my pack doctor.

"Claire?"

Turning my head, I saw a weird looking Cole who had bags under his eyes and his hair was all jacked up from running his hand through it.

"How long was I out?"

"Four days." he frowned.

"You need to sleep."

"I couldn't" he looked at his lap.

Grabbing the heart monitors and IVs, I yanked them out of my arm before standing up.

"What are you doing?" He asked, running to my side.

"I'm not staying in this place."

He nodded before picking me up bridal style and walking out of the large doors and up three flights of stairs.

We stopped in front of big wooden doors upstairs and he opened the door while still holding me before stepping into a large room.

I got laid down on the bed before he turned and sat on a wooden chair on the other side of the room.

"Come on. You need sleep." I frowned, patting the spot next to me.

He hesitantly nodded before laying next to me and wrapping an arm around my waist.

Cole pulled me into his rock hard chest and I stiffly breathed in his scent before closing my eyes and falling asleep. Not even bothering to argue on this one.

***

It was dark outside when I woke up and Cole was still asleep, so I slowly unwrapped his arm from my waist and stood up.

Walking into the bathroom, I turned on the hot water before stepping in and letting the hot water relax my tense muscles. The tear in my stomach was almost closed but the black bruises still clenched in pain anytime I moved.

After washing the soap all off of my body and hair, I wrapped a towel around my body before tapping into the room, where Coles soft snores were still filling the room.

Making my way to the closet, I slipped into some underwear and a black sports bra before slipping into white and light blue snowflake pants and a white sweater.

The pain medicine must have been wearing off because my stomach felt like someone stabbed me and it hurt like crap to walk on my right foot.

Tears spilled down my face as I tried not paying attention to the pain, but I looked down and noticed how swollen it was.

Yup, infection. How did Reign not heal this yet?

My sniffles must have woken Cole up, because warm arms wrapping around my waist scared the crap out of me and made me jump.

Cole pulled me into his lap and I wrapped my arms around his neck before breathing in his vanilla scent.

It immediately relaxed my senses and I calmed down.

"Are you okay?" he whispered, kissing my cheek.

"It hurts." I mumbled, wiping away a tear.

"I'm sorry."

If I was maybe a few inches farther away, I wouldn't have even heard the words that came out of his mouth.

"What?" I asked, lifting his chin up.

"I'm sorry that I didn't save myself for you." He said softly, his voice cracking at the end.

I didn't know what to say, so I just nodded, slowly moving to get out of his lap but stopping when his hands wrapped around my waist.

He chuckled.

We sat in a comfortable silence before I whispered "Thank you."

He looked up at me confused before asking "For what?"

I snorted "You know why. You saved my life Cole. Thank you."

He smiled. "You're welcome"

His arms pulled me closer so my pelvis was against his hard torso and heat flamed up me as I tried to deny the feelings that we're going through my head all thanks to my needy wolf.

When his hands trailed up my legs, I pulled away and grabbed them.

"Stop."

He gave me a confused look and I sighed.

"Why do you deny the feelings I have for you?"

"Do you know that I happen to find foreign guys quiet attractive. Quiet sexy actually" I kept going even after I heard his growl. "But I still saved myself for my mate, no matter how good looking or nice those men were."

"I apologized, Claire."

"I know."

"So why can't we just forget about it?"

"How do you expect me to forget the actions you made right in front of me? I caught you having sex with the one girl that bullied me all of high school in a janitors closet and you just smirked at me."

"I was a stupid teenage boy who didn't know the difference between his dick and his brain. For that I am truly sorry Claire. But I'm trying to make it up to you, trying to forget the stupid mistakes so I can rule over my soon to be pack with my mate and have a new heir to take over when I no longer can. I'm trying to be the perfect mate and Alpha but I can't do it without you."

I stared at him speechless but nonetheless felt a little bit of guilt at how his words made me think of the actions we had both made.

"Fine."