CHAP 25: ONE NIGHT LOVER, AND I'M STILL NOT RECOVERED

Channing pressed the doorbell, then told me:

- I'm gonna rotate the camera direction so you can see who's comin'.

- Ok. Ready? – he asked when he could hear someone's walking sound getting closer and closer to open the door.

- Hey Chan. – it's Jenna's voice maybe. I don't know because they hugged each other and the phone was accidentally facing somewhere else.

- Hey. – Channing greeted back.

- Here's my Jessica. – not telling me first but he gave the fucking phone to Jenna and I was completely stunned the second her face appeared on the screen.

- What? Your Jessica? – Jenna laughed at Channing for marking his territory so clearly, and in the meantime my face was all red. Actually, idiotic and red.

Seriously? Did he need to say that out loud? Especially to his ex-wife?

CHANNING!!!!! That's sooooo embarrassing!!

- What's the matter? She's obviously mine. – I imagined Channing was shrugging over there.

Receiving the phone from Channing and looked straight at me on the screen, Jenna said smiling:

- Oh. Hi Jessie.

Meanwhile I didn't know what to do and what to say to her, so I stuttered:

- H... hi. How are you? – I robotically smiled.

- I'm very well. Thanks for asking. How are...?? – it seemed like someone tilted her by pulling her arm or something because the screen quality became blurry and shaking.

- Is that Jessie??!! Is that Jessie??!! – I heard the cutest voice in the world in the background and my butt jumped up and down the seat in excitement.

- Yes, it is, baby girl. – Channing's voice appeared in the background once again.

- Come and give Daddy a hug. Come on, Evy. – Channing insisted and I saw Everly jumped into his arms while he was putting his hands out.

He was quick but gently picked the little body up off the ground.

The second Jenna rotated the camera so I could see the joy on Every's and Channing's faces, I spontaneously smiled and whispered "thank you" to her. That was super thoughtful of her.

I heard back a small "you're welcome' but not very sure I'd heard it right or not.

Right after being held safely in Channing's arms, Everly asked politely:

- Can I have Jessie now, please?

- Yes, you can. – Jenna replied, rotated it back to selfie mode, waved goodbye to me and handed the phone to her.

- EVE!!!! – I squealed in the excitement and joy the second her face fully appeared on the screen.

- JESSIE!!!! – the little girl hugged the phone into her, which melted my heart.

I swear I got tears in my eyes the second she called my name out loud.

I missed you so much too, baby girl. You had no idea how much Jessie missed holding you in her arms.

Evy held the phone up again and talked to me with her gentle voice:

- Jessie, Daddy is taking us inside.