Strange

This ending is short by way, the story was meant to be like that.

Kiritos P.O.V
I walked my way to the fields, just as Eugeo had said. I sat down in our usual spot, when I noticed something. "Flowers?" I mumbled in curiosity, wondering how they had bloomed so fast.

That wasn't the strangest part thought, no. Not at all. The strangest thing was that they were all black and blue. Dozens of them. "That's pretty, and oddly strange," I chuckled to myself. I got up, and walked closer to them. "Oh, these two are the ones I saw yesterday, the first ones," I examined.

"Admiring the flowers, I see," a voice called from behind me.

I jumped, and instinctively got into my fighting position.

"Calm down, it's just me," a blonde boy emerged, waking towards me. "God, don't scare me. I could have hurt you," I said with a relived sigh.

"Ah, sorry about that, I'll be more careful next time," he assured me as he started to rub the back of his neck with his hand. "So, Kirito-kun," he said, taking on a more serious tone. That scared me a little bit, but I looked up to meet his eyes anyway.

"What i-is it, Eugeo?" I tried to speak in a relaxed and calm tone, but my words sprayed out and turned into moreof a puzzle then speech.

"Remember that time you and Alice's sister saved me? I wanted to thank you for that. You could have let me die and have gone off without a burden like me on your shoulders," he said with a sad smile.

"Eugeo.. I would never have been able to leave you like that. Seeing you like that made me feel hopeless, and if you didn't come back alive I would have never been able to live with myself. I'm so glad we saved you, or it would have been lonely. Your not useless, or a burden. Your my companion."

"If I lost that, I wouldn't have been able to find the strength to even come here. You mean so much to me Eugeo, so I wanted to thank you, too. Thank you for being strong and not dying that day."

"Kirito-kun, I..." he mumbled as small drops of water started falling from his eyes. "Ah, sorry.. that just made me really happy," Eugeo said simply.

"Here, let me help you," I said as I started wiping away his tears.

I pulled him into a tight hug, and let him go when he felt better. "Kirito-kun, you mean a lot to me," he said gratefully, "you mean a lot to me too Eugeo," I smiled.

"Hey, Kirito-kun, I've been holding on to something I've wanted to tell you for a while now.." Eugeo said calmly.

I nodded, "What's up?" I asked as I waited for him to start talking.

"The truth is- Kirito-kun, I like you- no, love you as more than just a companion," he said nervously.

"Eugeo.." I muttered.

"I'm sorry," he said, looking down.

Without thinking, I pulled him into a kiss, I could sense he was surprised for a moment, but quickly recovered and kissed back.

He smiled with delight, and it made me happy seeing him happy too.

"I love you, too," I said without thinking twice.

I held his hand, and slowly took him to the flowers to show him how pretty they were.

"They smell weird," he said and held his nose.

"Don't they?" I nodded in agreement.

"But the black kinda have a sad smell in a weird way, but they remind me of you, so I'll deem them ok," he laughed.

"The blue ones smell kinda like poison, like death even," I said with a sigh.

"That's strange, isn't it?" Eugeo laughed.

Hope you guys enjoyed this! I just kinda felt like making a short story, so here it was!

Thank you for reading!