109

"Taehyung, let's stop here," she said with unshed tears. She managed to say that without her tears falling. While I'm here letting myself drown in sadness with the thought of completely losing her.

"If this is about me having-"

"We both have reasons not to continue. It's not just all about you," she held but I didn't understand.

I sighed when I realized that maybe it is true. And if I'm not mistaken, her reason is somebody else.

Silence stretched in between us. I want to ask her about her reason but the scary truth got the best of me. Reality's always scary.

She doesn't want me anymore.

That's the truth.

She loved me.

Past tense.

I laughed and she heard me. It might appear weird since what we were talking now isn't funny at all. But, it wasn't a laugh of gratitude.

"Back then, when I finally had the courage to court you, you had a boyfriend," I sighed reminiscing the past. "Now, when I came back, you've found someone better."

I looked at her before proceeding, "You always belonged to someone else."

"I loved you."

"I know. But, it wasn't that long," I can't take my eyes off her. I admired her. Everything about her made me happy. She makes me happy.

Gazing upon her made me realize that I spent more time admiring her than actually being with her. It took me so long.

Her gaze never left me. She was staring as if it is the last time. And I can't help to think...

"How did we come to an end?" I asked.

She didn't say anything. Then, I understood. It is really the end.

I didn't know how I managed to let her go. I was left here alone.