1: "First Blood"

Horrifying screaming emitted from the dark alleyway. The trembling lady clutched her purse tightly, stalking lightly towards the exit. C.G followed her quietly, almost as if he was slipping into the shadows. Just as she thought she had finally reached freedom, C.G stabbed a knife through the middle of her back. The lady collapsed, breathing hard. C.G ran the knife through her chest and smoothly sliced the bloodied knife along her neck, blood spilled from her wounds, seeping into the concrete and staining the ground. C.G held his knife and pressed it into the ground.He tucked the knife into his pocket and stepped towards the dead end of the alley. Just as he was about to slam into the wall, he sifted through the air, his mass breaking down into tiny particles. C.G let the wind carry him with it. Floating to who-knows-where.

***

Creek Andrew inspected what was left of the murder scene. Checking the dead end at the edge of the alleyway, muddy footprints led to the end of the alleyway, and just... vanished. As if his dream were what really happened here. Creek found at the end of the alleyway, a yellow paper, half tucked inside of the concrete. How was this possible? Creek wondered seizing the edge of the paper in his hand and lightly tugging the paper out. This concrete had been installed long before this murder. Creek unfolded the creased paper and straightened it out.

We're a good team,

-C.G

Creek felt a shiver travel down his body. "What is that?" Creek whipped around folding the small material in his hands as fast as he could. He stuffed the paper in his jacket, facing the voice. "Did you find something?" Creek hesitantly shook his head. The figure standing in front of him was pale with dark mascara in the shape of a swirl. Her lips were glossed with a clear lipstick. Her hair fell around her shoulders, framing her face delicately. She wore a police uniform that hugged her curves, exposing every detail in her body. The look was complete with a blue hat set atop her hair.

She narrowed her green eyes specks of gold wafted through her pupils, making her eyes captivating and curious. "Are you sure?" She spoke with a light accent accompanying her words, making her more captivating. "Yes. Go clean up the mess." Creek spoke with a slight uneasiness laced in his tone. The girl reluctantly turned and walked away. Creek struggled to access the situation properly, but not sure why he decided to keep it a secret, with more minds on the case, he would be able to decipher it quicker.

But for some reason Creek felt an uneasiness in the back of his mind. Creek couldn't quite wrap his head around it. But what he did know, nobody could see that note.

***

Creek sat at the counter quietly tapping the bright screen of his device. His purpose, to email his director on the intel he gathered so far. Creek spent a long time working on the email, rewriting choppy parts, making sure it flowed properly and was believable without the note. He came up with a long paragraph explaining the details of the scene.

Crime Details

So I have compiled all the information I collected from inspecting the body and scene. She was stabbed from behind, I noticed the criminal did not collect her bag or any of her belongings, just killed her. So the possibilities of the murder cause, is revenge, or psychopath. Also it seems the criminal made an escape from the end of the alley, like a rope from a partner or a ladder of some sort. Also, a strange thing I noticed. The weapon was left yes you and I know that, but there were no fingerprints. So the criminal must have been wearing gloves, but that option is unjustified as well because the grip would have been worn. But the weapon only has bloodstain, no other sign of use. That's all the information I was able to collect from the body and the scene.

Creek took a deep breath and hit send. "Who are you emailing?" Creek swiftly turned to set his gaze upon a stunning maiden.

Her eyes were a brilliant blue, glittering with curiosity. She had hair in wavy lines that curled upward at the tips, making her face shine. Her skin was a tan, with a tad scar on her left cheek, and a scar on her chin. Her lips popped with clear lip gloss, they were plump and full. He moved down and saw she wore a plaid shirt, blue with white and light blue lines intercepting it. She had jeans that clung to her body tightly, hugging her curves tight, defining them brilliantly. She wore white sneakers, a tad dirty, and white socks. She had a broad smile and a belt lacing through her jeans, brown and loose.

Creek narrowed his dull eyes, inspecting her slightly, she seemed genuinely curious. Creek didn't give his information freely, instead he shut off his device and pressed his lips into a thin line, "What's your business?" Creek breathed, slightly over a whisper. The girl smiled broader, making her cheeks pop out. Creek just wanted to reach out and squish them. She moved her head away from his shoulder and held out her hand. "Miya Sawyer, and it's not my business. I just want to know." Creek eyed her hand warily, deciding on whether or not he should take it.

Creek decided against it and kept his hands firmly on his device. "Creek Andrew, detective." He said nothing more, The girls mouth opened and closed. Her expression was adorable, her eyes were wide and her lips slightly ajar. "You're that detective inspecting that murder in the old alleyway, right?" Her voice was nothing over a whisper, but this Miya Sawyer, knew something about the crime. She was pale as she said it, indicating she didnt enjoy talking about this topic. Creek slipped his phone into his pocket, grabbing the girl's wrist and leading her to a booth. He sat across from her, hands rubbing his temples as he ventured his mind for questions. Miya was looking out the window, distracted by something.

"Miya." Creek said harshly. She looked at him abruptly and whisper shouted, "How do you know my name?!?" Creek groaned, this was already annoying. Creek wouldn't be surprised if she didn't have any friends. "You told me your name a second ago dumb nut." Miya gasped and pressed her lips into a thin line, her eyes clouded. "I am not dumb, I just forget things easily." Creek rolled his eyes and looked her in the eyes. She shifted uncomfortably in her seat, looking anywhere but Creek. "What do you know about the crime?" Creek whispered hoarsely. Miya shifted uncomfortably again, looking down at the table.

"What do you know about the crime?" Creek spoke louder. Miya shifted more and opened her mouth to speak, closing and shutting it tightly. She bit her lip, hard. Creek was getting annoyed, this girl suddenly didn't want to talk at all now? When she let go her lip was slightly swollen. "What do you know?!?" Creek raised his voice and Miya looked startled. "I..." She seemed to pick her next words carefully. "I was on my way home, and then..." Her voice was cracking, fear clinging onto every word, "I saw him stab her... I passed an alleyway and heard a lot of commotion so... I peeked. And he was stabbing her, slitting her throat and... stabbing her in the chest." Miya breathed harshly now, terrible pale at she clutched the end of the table. Creek moved to her side and rubbed her shoulders her comfort. It was strange, Creek had lived around boys his whole life and they usually werent so sensitive. It felt awkward o be trying to comfort a girl.

She looked him in the eye, fresh tears lining her eyes. She held him tightly, her arms wrapping around his torso as she sobbed. "He...he killed her..." She sobbed, Creek noticed everyone in the café was staring at them now. Creek threw a death glare their way and everyone turned away. Creek rubbed her head slightly, avoiding the hat. When that didnt work, Creek tried again, feeling gawky. He moved down and rubbed her back, lightly tracing circles on it. Miya sobbed softer and then just sniffled as she regained herself. "Did you see what the murderer looked like?" Creek asked in a soft voice.

"H-He had a hood.." She gulped. "I didn't see his face but... he was short... and... he... was wearing beige pants. And he didn't wear gloves so there should be finger prints on the weapon because he left it behind." Creek stared at her. "He wasn't wearing gloves? Are you sure?" Miya nodded, gulping loudly. "Positive, why?" Creek stared at her once again. Creek let go of her and she stared at him, wiping her tears and scratching at the ones that dried on her face. "I have to go." Creek whispered getting up from his seat. Miya nodded and waved goodbye as Creek scurried out of the door.

One thing was true and he knew it well.

This murderer was not at all human.