Ch 7. SURPRISE!

I started getting a baby bump. Seven weeks pregnant didn't seem like a lot. My bump wasn't very big, you couldn't notice unless you stared at me. My bump caused my jeans stop buttoning. I could no longer wear any of my jeans. I don't button my jeans anymore, but no one notices because I wear my shirts that are for guys. They hide my stomach and cover where I should be buttoning my pants. Jessica was the first to notice anything. We were shopping one day and I was trying on some new shirts. In the changing room she saw my stomach.

"Sammie, do your pants not fit anymore?" she asked starting at my stomach.

"Um, they kinda fit." I said hurrying up to put a shirt on.

"Do you need new jeans?"

"They will be too big in the legs." Xaley walked in and just stared at me, confused as to why Jessica was asking. I still hadn't told her yet. Whoops?

"Sammie, you need jeans that fit. Come on, lets go get you some."

"No! I don't need jeans!"

"Sammie don't be ridiculous!" she started heading for the dressing room door. Xaley shoved her up against the wall and covered her mouth.

"Shhhhh." Xaley told her before uncovering her mouth.

"What is going on Sammie!?"

"The only pants I need are the stupid ones with the dang elastic on the top..." Her eyes popped out of her head and she stared at me like a dieing fish.

"O.M.D. Are....you, ya know...PREGNANT?"

"Seven weeks to be exact. Look, DON'T go yelling it around school. You can't even tell your boyfriend. Do you understand me Carl?"

"Why can't I tell Floyd?"

"If it seeps out the teachers have to make me leave school until next year!"

"Our school is VERY strict about pregnant girls. Have you seen any?" Xaley added.

"Well...no...bu-"

"Exactly. Trust me. I know how strict the school is, MacKenzie expirenced it at the end of eighth grade. Teachers found out, and she wasn't allowed to come to school until she was stable and signs that she was pregnant went down. NO TELLING." Xaley explained to Jessica. I didn't even know Mac & Cheese had a kid. I looked at Xaley in shock and she gave me a 'I'll tell you later' look.

"Fine. BUT! Sammie has to tell her family." We started laughing and Jessica just looked at us.

"They...already...know!" I gasped in between fits of laughter.

"WHA-" my phone cut her off, ringing.

"I can't believe the drama that I'm in, the flood is getting closer

But I don't think they know that I know how to swim

You're feeling numb, from all that has become

It leaves your gums, slips down your tongue and travels fast down towards your lungs

All because I'm leaving it behind.

I feel the pressure

It's coming down on me.

It's turning me black and blue

You left me on the side of the road, and now I've got no place to go.

You brought the flood!"

It was 'The Flood' by Escape the Fate. I answered.

"What is it?"

"Well, um...."

"Spit it out Jake. I'm busy."

"You might want to come home. Like, SOON. Don't ask questions. Just do it Sammie." He hung up. What was that about? I left the clothes in the dressing room, put my shirt back on and jogged to my truck. Xaley and Jessica running after me.

"What's going on Sammie?" Jessica asked for the second time today.

"Jake told me to come home for some reason. He didn't tell me why." I looked at Xaley in the rearview mirror and she looked uncomfortable.

"Xaley. What. Is. Going. On."

"Nothing. Just go home okay?" UGH!

I walked into a dark house. I went through turning on lights. I got to the living room and turned on a light......

"SURPRISE!!!!" I jumped as I saw a small group of people yell.

"WHAT THE-"

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAMMIE!" Gosh, I really wish they would have forgotten that. I was officially 17 today. I hate parties and everyone knows that. I glared at my dad and Jake. My brothers, Dad, Xaviar, Mac & Cheese, Becka, Mr. and Mrs. Grunting, Floyd, TJ, and Carson. Not to mention the two traitor's next to me. I started storming off towards my room when I was grabbed and lifted by Floyd and Xaviar. I squirmed

"PUT ME DOWN! UGH!" the put me down in the middle of the party. "Thanks, but, no thanks. I HATE parties and ALL of you know it!"

"Too bad!"

It was probably one of the best birthday parties. I actually had people besides my brothers and Dad there. I got new wheels for my truck and a ton of gift cards from everyone. I thanked everyone and they eventually left. I went up to my room and climbed out my window to sit in my tree. I stared at the stars through the dead branches. It was cold out but I didn't mind. I just thought about my life. I had a loving family, boyfriend, friends, and a baby. I rubbed my stomach feeling how stiff it seemed. I smiled.

***Xaviar's P.O.V***

How was I going to tell Sammie? I didn't have a choice. It was being planned for months behind my back. They smiled sadly at me and apologized. I ran up to my room, upset. How could they do this to me? I felt tears prick my eyes. I didn't want to do this to her. She seemed so happy with her life. I didn't want to break her heart but there was no way we could continue dating. My Aunt and Uncle made that clear. It wouldn't work anyway, I knew. It would be too hard.