Ch 13. Prom? No way, Jose!

"Psssst! Medusa! I touched the butt!" I said quoting Finding Nemo. She looked at me funny and looked back to Zeus. Then she blurted that I touched his butt. He squealed and ran away. I just stared after him, laughing. Medusa smiled. She wasn't a talkative person but when she talked she said very little. She and Jessica were becoming quite the friends though.

"You had to make him squeal didn't you?" Hercules asked putting his arm casually over my shoulder. I poked his side and he moved to the side.

"How can you NOT? It's hilarious!" We were talking when my phone started playing 'Like a G6' by Far East Movement.

Hook

Poppin bottles in the ice, like a blizzard

When we drink we do it right gettin slizzard

Sippin sizzurp in my ride, like Three 6

Now I'm feelin so fly like a G6

Like a G6, Like a G6

Now I'm feelin so fly like a G6

"Hey! What's up?" I asked casually answering my phone mid-ring.

"Unicorns!.... Rainbows!" It was Josie and MacKenzie in the background. Of course Josie's answer was Unicorns. Mac & Cheese's was always rainbows.

"Haha, whatcha need?"

"YOUR MOM!" Mac & Cheese yelled in the background. "NOT THAT MAC & CHEESE! No, Do yo preggo eggo wanna hang out?"

"Yes! Come on over!"

"Almost there!" I hung up and looked at Hercules. He smiled and Zeus came up and jumped on his back.

"GIDDY UP!" Zeus yelled as he tried to get Hercules to move. Hercules grunted and fell to the ground. "GIDDY UP I SAID!" Zeus yelled again.

"AH! GET OFF!" Hercules yelled and slapped Zeus. Zeus slapped him back. I started laughing again.

"DON'T SLAP ME YOU LITTLE B-"

"BUTTERFINGER!" I corrected quickly. Mac & Cheese and Josie pulled into the driveway and looked at me quizzically. I walked over to them and hugged them briefly. They smiled and said their 'hellos' and asked what was going on. I explained my new friends and what they were doing on the ground slapping each other and calling one another butterfingers. They started laughing but got all-serious. I was now confused.

"What?"

"What do you mean 'what' PROM is in a MONTH."

"Okay, and? I don't go to your school anymore and if you haven't NOTICED I'm like, 16 weeks pregnant. I go back to the doctor tomorrow. I can't exactly attend prom anyway. I don't have a date."

"We could act lesbo and I will go with you!" MacKenzie exclaimed.

"Are you trying to imply something Mac & Cheese?"

"Um.... Well, I guess. I'm kinda gay Sammie. DON'T get mad though, please, I just realized it. When like TJ and I kinda made out the other day..."

"WHAT? How come no one tells the preggo eggo?"

"'Cause preggo eggo don't go to school anymore."

"Okay, Whatever. So, when are you two going dress shopping?"

"TODAY! YOU ARE COMING WITH! NO EXCUSES! So are they!" She said motioning towards the wrestle mania on my front lawn.

"Okay, lemme go get money. I'll be right back."

"Get Jessica and the blue-haired hottie!" MacKenzie yelled. Wow, it made sense since she rejected TJ that one day at lunch.... Whatever. Inside I walked inside to Jessica and Floyd making out on my couch. I sat on Floyd's back and they stopped. I told them where I was going and they said they would follow in his car.

~*~AT THE MALL~*~

Josie looked at all colours of dresses, MacKenzie looked mainly at blue and purple dresses. Medusa looked like she liked MacKenzie. I didn't know her well enough to judge yet. They made me try on dresses too. I looked at green and black dresses. Jessica got a yellow Cinderella dress. MacKenzie got a simple midnight blue dress that was floor-length. Josie got a bright pink dress that was knee-length and kind of flared at the bottom.

I heard Josie, Jessica, and Mac & Cheese whispering. What could they be talking about without me? I felt kind of left out. I ignored them and continued talking to Hercules. He told me his mom got a new job and he was going to my school now so he was inviting me to the prom as his date. I agreed, but as friends.

I wound up having to get a dress that was hunter green, halter top, knee-length. It was loose fitting and comfy around my belly, I got it a little big because my babies would be growing more in the next month. Josie came up to me. She told me she had to talk to me.

"What?" Was this what they were whispering about?

"We're worried about you Sammie."

"Why?"

"You seem to be moving on quickly. We thought you were going to wait for Xaviar? We don't want you to use Hercules."

"What? I would NEVER do that to Helen! Besides Xaviar WANTS me to move on." She gaped at me like a fish out of water.

"WHAT?" She asked exasperated, and confused.

"About five weeks ago he was restricted to calling once a month, which he hasn't yet, and he made me PROMISE to move on. I have no idea what it was about but I am. BUT, not fully yet. I'm getting to know Helen better before I exclusively date him. Besides, he knows how I feel at this point. We kinda made out about three weeks ago..."

She gaped at me but didn't say anything else, she just nodded. We went back to chattering happily and went to Ben & Jerry's for the world's best ice cream. At home I went upstairs and crashed on my bed, exhausted from today. My phone started ringing and I recognized the caller ID. It was Xaviar.