Chapter 1 The Puddle?

I look over to my left waiting on Michael to finish with the test. Our math teacher gave us one right before Christmas break. "Psst, Psst, Micheal!" I whisper shouted to him. He looks over and I motion to the old clock on the wall. I was trying to show him that we only had 5 minutes left before class ended.

"Dude shut up you're gonna get me in trouble!" I motion to the clock again and his eyes dilate with fear. I look back down at my test. I only had 2 questions left. What is th-

The bell rang out across the classroom and everyone started to get up to hand in their tests.

"Psst, Micheal what's the answer to number 27?"

"It's 17"

"Thanks man!"

I quickly wrote down the answer & packed up my things. I handed the teacher my test & headed into the crowded halls. I was hoping to talk to Micheal before I went home, but he's already lost in the sea of faces.

I went outside to start my walk home, as I did I felt the chilly breeze of fall hit my face. It felt like tiny needles pricking my skin. The sweet sweet smell of pine attacking my nose and overflowing my senses. I turned to head to the middle school and soft drops of snow started to fall. I gotta hurry up I thought to myself. Don't wanna be walking in the snow.

I walked over to the front of the middle school and saw my brother, Noah. He was jumping up and down to make sure I saw him.

"Hey lil man, how was school?"

"Miss Laura gave us free lolipops today! She even gave me a few extra. Do you want red or green?"

"Surprise me." I say with a slight smile on my face.

"You can have red, I prefer green."

"Thanks bud"

"I'll race you home! The first one home doesn't have to give the dog a bath!"

"You're on!"

I let him get a headstart and counted to ten. When I finished counting I saw he had abruptly stopped. Almost as if he was frozen. He was, staring at something.

"What's wrong?" I shouted to him as the wind hid my voice from him.

"This puddle, it looks like it goes on forever."

I caught up to him to see what he meant.

I looked down at the puddle. It was, different to say the least. It had small swirls going in all types of direction. It almost sounded like their were noises coming out of it. I told myself it's probably just the wind.

I dared him to stick his foot in the water. He was hesitant at first, but eventually gave in. He put his foot in and couldn't feel the bottom.

"It's really deep."

He wanted me to feel how far it went, so I eased my foot in the water. It was deeper than my ankle!

"Dude this thing is super deep be careful!"

I turn around and saw him running up behind me. He was acting like a bull, something he did all the time, and rammed into me. I started falling. I expected to hit the concrete any second now, but the world felt like it was spinning. It felt like time was slowing down. I watched as my head fell through the water. I was just falling continuously. I looked down and saw tbe ground coming towards me, and I heard the faint screams of my brother calling my name.

"Oliver!"

That was the last thing I heard before I passed out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Authors Note

Please don't forget to like and comment! Any suggestions are gladly appreciated!

I'll try to update this book every Friday and sometimes on Sunday! 

P.s I didn't make that art work credit to the creator!