Jack Anderson: For My Sake

Start from the beginning

I sighed and continued to look on that side of the tracks before I saw a hooded figure walking up the staircase to the city of Toronto, Ontario with MY guitar case. I risked my life jumping into the pit of tracks and climbing up the other side to run after them.

I got to the stairs and looked up the stairwell to see them take a left at the top of the steps. I began pushing through people and fighting to get to the top step so I could keep up. I looked ahead and there was the person at the street lights. I ran towards them as they sat on a rock in front of the Convention Center.

I started to slow myself to a walking manor as they unlocked my case and pulled out the guitar. I slowed down more than I wanted to originally so I could observe the situation.

She laid my guitar on a folded blanket next to her on the cement and opened her bag for spray paint and I panicked until I noticed she had started spray painting the guitars CASE, not the actual guitar. She sprayed it down with a navy blue spray paint and I sat on the other rock next to her to see what she was doing deeper.

She sprayed specific parts on the case navy blue and then did it more with multiple other colours of spray paint and dipped a small sponge in water and started blending everything to make it look galactic in a way before splatting white dots all over it and doing even more till the case was ACTUALLY galaxy theme and I smirked at the coolness of it.

She then grabbed my electric guitar and took out a small baggie of sharpies. I got scared and stood up saying "Stop!"

She flinched and looked up at me in fear.

I kneeled down beside her and said "I love the design on my case but... But the guitar doesn't need-"

"Trust me? Sharpies won't ruin it..." She laid the guitar on her lap and I kneeled down next to her as she began drawing.

I sat there for a minute watching her draw little black rectangles while thinking of how to make this situation less awkward. "Um... I'm Jack..."

I put my hand out to shake hers and she took my hand into her own the shake it. "Y/n," she said.

Her sweater was black and had roses all down the sleeve and I said "Sweet sweater."

She smirked and said "Thanks, someone left it on a bench forever ago and I was cold... I borrowed it."

She looked at me and then looked behind me freaking out a bit. "What's wrong?" I quickly ask before she carefully grabbed the case and closed it. She handed me my guitar and said: "Come with me, I want to finish this but the rain will be here soon, don't worry."

She ran away from me and I ran after her. She carried her backpack, my guitar case and her baggie of sharpies. I looked back and saw her three cans of spray paint laying on the ground and I picked them up to bring with us.

She walked into a hotel and nodded at a man against at the counter with a small smile on her face "Hey, Julio!"

He smiled and handed her a small key, smaller than a key would be for a room so I became confused. He said "I fed your cat, I went up to make sure it was alright in there... Your cat's new bag of food is up there. Take the back stairwell and um..." He pushed her another key. "Look the roof door, please? When you get out?"