CHAPTER 2 - PAST

"OUI OUI Welldone boys" us girls all greated the boys when they finished playing there football match standing at the side lines! We all ended up at one the pubs celebrating they won the last match.

"Girls I gotta go.." I pulled my coat on

"No don't go yet" Clare asked me

"I gotta... Say bye to everyone for me" I smiled

"You can't go without saying bye to Rob"

"I don't have to report to him girls... Right have fun" I had to leave and I wanted leave and I certainly didn't want grief

"Where you going?"

"No where" I laughed

"Hope your not dumping us to see him"

"No way would I... Laters" I grinned knowing they knew they were right.

****

I walked back to the table and Zoe wasn't there nor was her coat!

"Ladies... Wheres Zoe?"

"Umm she's just left" Clare said awkwardly pointing to the door

"Now?" I walked to the pub door and saw her jogging a few steps and jumped into a car. Her long dark curly hair was bouncing as her skinny jeans were tight to her skinny legs with black ankle boots on with a leather jacket.. She didn't even blink a eye back at me.. I scowled at that fact she left without saying bye yet when it's fails she will come crying as always.

"rob come on? Thinking Indian for dinner?" Tom called and I sighed

"Yes yes coming.." I watched her go without any thought

We were walking down town and I fell behind the group as I rung her.

"It's me... Erm bestie where did you go huh? Not saying bye tut tut... Call me! Laters!" I wanted to let her know I know she left not that it wouldn't achieve anything!

"OUI Rob come on" they called me which I hadn't realised just now far back I had fallen from them all!
Tom pulled up to my house Clare abruptly said out right

"Why is Zoe going with him.. He's a bad boy" I watched her shake her head in disapproval.

"Dunno but don't women like bad boys?" I joked trying to lighten it up.

"Your her best friend aren't you? Talk to her" she demanded at me yet I have no right to tell her who to date!

"I am & tried that and I crashed n burned Clare... " I checked my phone for a reply back yet Still to have nothing!

*****

I was sitting at my desk working & clock watching.. I knew I had this deadline to meet yet no work was happening.. I clicked a few buttons and through the glass panels And door I saw Zoe walking grinning from ear to ear speaking to every person as she did holding some coffee. Her hair was up in a pony tail which was swishing from side to side like I remember as kids!. I zoned out imagining her as that little girl again, us as kids again.

"Hello earth to Rob... Coffee" she was standing infront of me with her head tilted to the side.

"Shit sorry alright?" I snapped out if it staring at her.

"Where did you zone out too? " she sat opersite me grinning

"No where just busy.. Thanks for coffee very much needed"

"Stressed?"

"You not working?"

"Day off.."

"Again?"

"Hey I'm working the weekend !" She playfully said like she always did! she knew all she had to do was give me that smile and is forgiven!

"Course! Missing my day out for my birthday.. "

"Hey I'm over night before n that evening too" she grinned at me

"True true..."

"So stressed over big meeting?" I watched her sip her coffee.

"Totally..."

"You will be great always are"

"Easy for you to say that as your not doing it"

"Very true... Right good luck go smash it" her words were bouncy and confident.

"How can you be so care free" she stood up adjusted her top

"Coz I'm happy... Get happy bestie... Call me tonight yes?" She insisted playfully at me. she was happy and all for the wrong reasons and wrong person!

"Course....."

"Straighten your tie... Laters bestie... Do great" she waved and went off

"Laters bestie" I sighed as she vanished from sight, sighing into my hands I just wanted to disappear.

"rob? Everyone is ready?" My PA Jenny came in

"Thank you" I slurped my coffee one last time, straightened my tie, grabbed my folders and laptop and wen to conference room.