chapter 30

I am so grateful to the loyal readers of this story (particularly those who review….;))! I feel like I've been neglecting you, and I won't be doing that anymore. I wanted to ask, I can wrap this story up in about 3 chapters, or I could unload a whole new element to the story. What would people prefer? Bless x

"Find a boy who reads baby; they seem to, for the most part at least, be a little more mature," Aria offered.

Lily nodded before responding. "He was mean! It didn't seem like he liked me at all. Boys are stupid," Lily said defiantly, crossing her arms while her legs were still wrapped around Aria.

"Yes, they are my angel," Ezra said as he kissed Lily's cheek. "And they always will be, even when you're 16, remember that you said that," he laughed.

"Keep dreaming, daddy," Aria said with a smirk as they headed to their car. When Lily was securely in her seat, Ezra and Aria climbed into their seats at the front of the car.

"You remember when you told me the story about me being a flower girl when I was a bit older?" Lily asked as both her parent's eyes met and they smiled. They had both subconsciously been thinking that they would like to get married soon now Lily was old enough to be a flower girl; yet hadn't voiced these opinions. They were obviously all on the same wave-link.

"Yeah, we remember honey. Why?" Aria asked as she turned around to Lily.

"Can we do it soon?" she smiled sweetly and innocently.

Ezra checked with Aria who smiled and gave a soft nod. "Yeah baby, we'd like to do that soon too," he smiled as Lily straightened herself in her seat and smiled triumphantly. Ezra turned the car on and they commenced their drive home.

Ezra sat comfortable in his side of the bed, the pages of a book sprawled in his hands as he read intently. Minutes passed and then Aria came to join him out of their bathroom. She pulled back the corner of the doona and slid in close next to Ezra. She looked at him with her wide eyes and a content smile was worn on her face as she began fiddling with the hairs on his arm as he read, her chin nuzzled into his forearm. She kept her eyes on him, and a smile slowly formed on Ezra's face. He paused his reading without Aria's knowledge and basked in the moment; the look on Aria's face being the exact same that is worn regularly by their daughter when she also wants something.

Ezra let out a long sigh as he slowly laid his book next to them on their maple wood side table, before he returned to his seated position, still not looking at Aria. She knew what he was doing, pretending to ignore her which always turned into a game, and a wider smile grew on her face at the thought. Then instantly, Ezra's hands were on her, tickling her furiously while she screamed and she tried desperately to get his hands to cease their movements. Ezra had Aria flat on the bed and his body weight had been shifted so he was above her while he continued to make her laugh and scream. The resolution; Aria threw her mouth on Ezra's in a tender, forceful kiss which stopped him immediately in his tracks. His hands immediately flew to her cheeks as his tongue began to graze hers, both of them letting out a gasp in response as they curled more into the kiss. Aria's hand flew to Ezra's shirt as she pulled him closer to her body, her mouth then moving down the side of his neck, then kissing the top of his bare chest as far as she could with the shirt still on. Ezra's breathing grew uneven, as his mind grew hazy. He ran his fingers through her hair while she pulled his shirt over his head, continuing to kiss down the centre of his chest while his breathing turned into gasps in response.

"Tickle fight," Lily threw open the door and announced before she saw her parents on the bed. Ezra and Aria froze in their positions, Aria under Ezra, her face to the centre of his ribs.