Chapter 21

This chapter is dedicated to @forevermendes

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Today was the day Matt was coming home.

At least that's what I had heard from my mom.

So what am I going to do? Talk to him? Say hello? Ignore him? Yell at him?

God I have no idea.

How am I supposed to survive?

Jordan's been for me this whole time Matt has been gone. He often comforted me when I was feeling like shit and held me when I cried.

But at the moment we are just friends. After matthew I have no clue if I'll be able to handle another relationship.

I breathed in and out.

I'll be okay, I'll be okay.

•••••

The whole day I spent jittery and shaking. Jordan asked to hang out but I told him I was sick. I guess it's true, I felt sick.

My stomach quenched ever so often and my hands were shaking uncontrollably.

Oh Matt, always making me feel some type of way. Good or bad, always something.

I sighed as lightning flashed outside my window, followed by booming thunder. Next rain poured down on the roof so hard I could hear it clearly.

I sighed. Perfect night, am I right?

I laid in my bed and curled up underneath the sheets, shaking as if I was cold. I was wide awake.

I feel like I won't be able to settle if I don't see him.

I need to see Matt.

I got up and threw on a baggy sweater and leggings.

I ran downstairs and gasped as I walked outside.

The pounding rain hit my head hard, stinging it. The rain instantly drenched me head to teo and my hair fell in clumps onto my face.

I looked up at all the windows in Matt's house. Off.

I sighed once again and ran straight to his doorstep, grasping my chest. I was breathing heavily at his doorstep. Everything was so familiar.

It was almost as if he never left in the first place. Even though he did...

And it changed everything.

I clenched my fists over the sopping wet ends of my sweater and knocked.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

It was like they were mocking me.

I looked down at my feet, doubting that anyone was coming.

"Georgia?" I heard a voice cracked whisper.

I looked up to see Matt. My mouth dropped open at the sight of him. I didn't know what to say. Why am I here?

I reached up and touched his face. It was a little bit thinner. I slid my hand to his neck. His eyes seemed like they were red from crying and the dark bags under his eyes suggested his lack of sleep. "Matt." I whispered.

I removed my hand and backed up. "What happened to us?" I questioned, tears in my eyes.

"G, I can't even explain." He said, tears coming into his eyes. "I missed you." He said stepping forward. I stepped back.