New Years (pt. 1) - PP

So I'm typing this chapter for the first time on my new laptop!! Eek. Anyway, one of my resolutions this year is to be more active on this boo, so I'm going to try my best!

*ok side note about the setting or whatever in this imagine. sad news: Tony's dead, Peter is 20, event of IW were in the past year. I know that this isn't correct and all, but I'm just taking a dramatic liberty*

"I found out why the apartment was so cold," Peter chuckled, sitting down next to you on the couch. "You left the window open."

"How do we know it wasn't you?"

"Because I, unlike you, don't open the windows in December."

"It's almost January," you defended yourself, crossing your arms.

"You know that's no better, right babe?" Peter ran his finger through your hair, a rare little smile plastered onto his face.

The two of you had been dating for three years, together through thick and thin. You were in university, and he was making headlines as New York's favourite hero, everything was perfect on the outside. And on the inside, almost everything was. But you knew that Peter missed Tony, and that he was still scarred from all that had happened. And you just didn't know how to console him; you had never experienced something close to that. Your biggest fear was that you wouldn't be enough comfort for him, and that he'd be stuck in his own personal hell.

"Are you excited for the New Year you think?" You asked him, trying to preserve the smile on his face.

"I-I think so," he sighed. "I'm definitely ready to leave some things in the past," He whispered, and you nodded solemnly. He was talking about everything that happened on Titan and with Thanos. "It's just... I don't want to leave everything behind. Or everyone rather." Tony.

"Hey," you murmured, moving closer to him. "It's-it's gonna be okay. I know that it's hard, but Peter, you're so brave, and strong. If there's anyone that can power through this, it's you. You know that right?"

"I'm just scared, that's all. Aside from you and May, I've lost everyone. My parents, Ben, Tony... what if I lose you too?" He asked, not looking you in the eye.

"Peter, babe, cmon, you'll never lose me."

"Y/n you don't know that. What if I lose you, and...and what if it's my fault? I couldn't live with myself." He shook his head, covering his face with his hands. "I couldn't live with myself." he repeated.

"Babe, first off, you are not going to lose me. Secondly... it's New Year's Eve and you're kinda being a bummer." He let out a small involuntary laugh. "You know I gave up going to Ava's party because you said you wanted to stay in, do not," you laughed, "Make me regret my decision! Let's have fun!"

Now he was grinning, and pleased with your work, you got up, grabbing your little bluetooth speaker off the side table, and connecting it with your phone, turning on Sicko Mode.

"Not this song," Peter groaned, reluctantly standing up. "It's the most overplayed piece of shi-"

"I'm gonna stop you right there," you said, as he wrapped his arms around your waist.

"Oh yeah? Why's that?"

"Because I'm basically Kylie Jenner, so you're basically insulting my boyfriend's song."

"Huh, so Travis Scott is your boyfriend now?"he laughed, "I didn't realise this was an open relationship."

"I said basically!"

"Okay, sure." He suppressed a chuckle, and took your phone from your hands. "My turn to choose."

"Hey, that's not fair! My song isn't finished!" You complained.

"Well we've listened to your song about a thousand times already." Peter scrolled through your songs, not letting you see his choice. You looked at the clock.

"11:56. Almost 2019," you smiled, as Little Things started playing from your speaker. "Peter..." you whispered, tearing up.

"Shhh," he placed a finger gently on your lips, pecking your forehead. "I know you love this song. Almost as much as I love you. Well, no. Not almost. I don't think you could love anything close to as much as I love you."

"God, I'm gonna start crying now," you sniffed, burying your head in Peter's neck.

"You asked me earlier, if I was excited for 2019. I said that I am, but for more reasons too. I'm excited to spend all of my time with you, and live our lives as one. I'm excited to build the foundations of our very own family. I'm excited to love you like no one's ever done before." He said, leaning back, so he could look you in the eyes. "I love you so much," he breathed, as the song finished, and fireworks went off. The little alarm you had set went off, and you smiled at the seemingly perfect timing of everything.

"Happy New Years Peter."

"Happy New Years Y/n," he leaned in to kiss you for what felt like eternity. And for the first time in a while, you felt free of any baggage, or anything weighing down on the two of you. It was just you and Peter, forever.