Small Bump Pt. Two

This picture is better than my whole existence.

Word count: 1320

It had been three months. Three months since everything that happened, and I still hadn't recovered completely. I was one day away from moving to my dorm at NYU, and yet had barely left the apartment all summer.

Peter and I were just lying in my bed, his arms wrapped protectively around my waist.

"I'm gonna miss you," he mumbled into my hair.

"Pete it's NYU not Europe," I chuckled, shaking my head slightly.

"I know... but if I'm gonna be upstate with the Avengers, then we'll hardly see each other." He pouted, and I stroked his cheek softly.

"I can find time to come down there. I mean there's always Christmas. And Easter. And weekends if we really feel like it. Fours years apart for a lifetime together," I repeated the words he told me months earlier when I started to apply to uni.

"I guess so. It's just... after everything that's happened... I don't want us to be separated." His words were slow and quiet. His eyes didn't bother meeting mind mine, and I could hear the disappointment in his voice.

I'm not going to lie. After I miscarried, I was in heavy grief. I didn't talk to anyone other than Peter. But Peter's grief... well I don't know how to put it. Peter's grief was different. I was shocked, and felt guilt. Guilt that I might've caused it, or guilt that I didn't love the baby while I had it. But Peter felt sadness and despair. While he hadn't necessarily wanted the baby at first, he had quickly grown attached to it. When we lost it, it was like ripping our baby from his heart.

"Peter, babe... it's gonna be okay."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean that I know you're nervous about being so far away. And I know that you are still sad about all that happened. But it's gonna be alright. We just have to focus on getting through the next four years and all will be fine." I cooed, running my fingers through his hair.

"I don't know what I'd do without you Y/n." He whispered, leaning his face in towards mine, connecting our lips. My hands stayed glued in his hair, loving his fluffy curls, and he brought my torso closer to his, binding us together.

"I'm just gonna miss you so much," his warm breath fanned my face, as he spoke in a low husky voice.

"I'm gonna miss you too. But it's gonna be okay." I repeated, trying to pretend that it would be.

The next morning, Peter came by early to help me move, and as he walked in, my father gave him a small glare. Dad was still upset about what had happened, but thankfully it hadn't come to more physical contact. Our relationship had been fractured since that fateful day in the hospital. He blamed Peter and not me, because God forbid his daughter actually act on her own will and not that of her boyfriend's. He comes home and barely talks to me, just grumbling through the evening, and leaving again before I'm awake.

"Come to join the forces?" My mom joked as she gave Peter a hug.

"Yup," he grinned, flexing his biceps.

"Show off," I smacked him lightly, before pointing to the heaviest boxes, "You can carry these then."

"Fair enough."

After an hour of loading, and then unloading, we had made it to my new dorm at NYU. My parents gave me a tight hug goodbye, and my mom immediately started crying.

"Mom, relax, I'm gonna see you this weekend. It's not that long a drive, really." I patted her back, forcing a chuckle.

"I know. It's just everything you've been through. You're so strong Y/n." She told me, giving me one last kiss.

My dad gave me an awkward hug, kissing my hair lightly, before nodding primly.

"Do you need a ride back Peter?" My mother asked, waiting in the door frame.

"No I'll stick around for a while, thanks though."

After my parents left, Peter flopped onto my new bed. "Ooooh this is hard. Have fun sleeping here." He teased, sitting up so I could sit next to him.

"Shut up... when do you head upstate?" I asked him, lying my head down on his legs.

"Tonight I guess. Mr. Stark said he doesn't need me immediately or anything. So we can still have one last afternoon together. And try to be happy." He said, playing with my hair.

"Peter I just wanna-"

"I'm fine, Y/n. Really." Peter cut me off, removing his hands from my hair to rub his eyes.

"You don't even know what I was going to say!"

"I'm pretty sure I do though. That you want to make sure I'm alright. Because I am."

"Peter, bottling up your emotions isn't good. And I know you're still hurt. You laugh and smile, but only with your mouth... it used to be with your eyes too. I know you. And this isn't you." I said, sitting up so our eyes were at the same level. "And of all the people you should talk to about it, I would hope I'm top of the list - I mean after all, I went through all this with you! And if not for that... maybe because I love you. And I'm your girlfriend, who you should trust."

"It's not that I don't trust you Y/n."

"Then what is it Peter? Because it hurts me to see that you are in this pain, and enduring it alone."

"I thought... I thought that if I showed my weakness, that I was hurt... then you would fall apart as well. I was trying to be strong for you Y/n." Peter was starting to cry now; the occasional tear dripping down his face.

"Peter... you don't have to stay strong for me. Really. We should be going through this together, not separately." I soothed him, allowing his curly head to now rest on my lap. I massaged his locks, just 'shh'ing him calmly.

"It was just so scary. I was sat there for hours, not knowing what happened! You had been in so much pain, it killed me to not be able to do anything! And then the doctors came to tell me that... that..." he was now breathing in heavy sobs, chest heaving up and down.

"I know Peter... I know," was all I could say.

After a few minutes, he slowly got up. "I just don't want to be far away from you."

"It's gonna be fine Peter. Really, I promise." I told him, following him over to the wall. His hands rested on my hips, and I allowed mine to grab the nape of his neck, pulling him closer to me, until our noses touched. Carefully, I tilted my head, bringing my lips down to the perfect angle, before connecting ours. The kiss started out slow, but quickly got heated, and we stumbled over to the bed. After a few minutes, we separated.

"Wow." He said breathlessly, "I'm certainly gonna miss that."

Hehehehehe so I'm basically the worst. I know that my day wasn't even busy yesterday, but I did watch Mamma Mia Here We Go Again, it was AMAZING. And hi Lily James, may I have your body please? Thank you.

When I got back, I watched all the Mission Impossibles, so that took me into the wee hours of the morning, and I was going to go upstairs and try to update, but they had HOT FUZZ. Like I'm not going to not watch Hot Fuzz😂 and then I fell asleep in the middle of the movie. So... yeah. Basically I spent all Friday watching movies, then posted a crummy chapter in return.

On a different note, I went bikini shopping this morning, and that sure helped my body insecurities/depression.

Wish me luck at work guys, hope I don't die of boredom🤞🏻