Chapter Twelve - "Don't Worry"

Start from the beginning

   "Maybe a little, but it's nothing. I promise," he waved it off.

   "It'd better be nothing," I scuffed.

   Colton rolled on his stomach so I was underneath him. His body was strong on mine, pinning me down. He was in his elbows so he wasn't compleatly crushing me.

   "Don't worry," he whispered in my ear.

   Then I felt his lips on mine again. I instinctly ran my fingers through his hair and trailed them down his back.

   I didn't want to think about anything else at that moment. Not even the awkward fact that Alison was just downstairs.

               -§-

   It felt like hours, the time I spent with Colton but in reality, when I looked at his clock, it had only been about five minutes.

   I herd footsteps coming down the hall and my eyes widened. Colton must have heed it too when he flung himself off of me.

   The footsteps stopped near by and a moment later there was a knock at the door. Colton and I looked at each other not knowing what to do.

    'Alison?' I mouthed to him.

   He shrugged.

   It would have been fine for her to see the two of us because Colton had said he'd wanted to talk up me but at the moment my hair was all messed up and a couple buttons on my shirt had been undone. Colton didn't look any better. What could we do?

   'Hide!' Colton mouthed back to me.

   I nodded and ran for Colton's closet. Once he knew I couldn't be seen, Colton opened the door.

   "Who are you?" Colton's voice asked.

   "We met at the party. Is Krissy in here?" Rhi's voice said.

   Rhi! I forgot she was here. My bad.

   I stepped out if the closet and walked to the door. I wrapped my arm around Colton's waist and smiled at Rhi.

   "Wow," Rhi said, "You two are sneaky."

   I giggled.

   "Again, who are you?" Colton demanded harshly.

   "Ugh, please, don't act so tough guy. Do I look like a threat? I'm just Krissy's best friend, duh," Rhi said with so much confidence.

   "Sorry," I apologized. "Colton, this is my best friend, Rhiannon. Rhi, this is Colton."

   "Oh, I know who he is," Rhi smirked.

   "What's that suppose to mean?" Colton frowned.

   "Nothing. Just remember that Krissy tells me everything," Rhi said.

   Just then, breaking all the tension, something hit Colton's window. Curious, I walked over to it and looked out. I shouldn't have been surprised to see Brent outside.

   Behind me, Rhi looked over my shoulder.

   I opened the window to tell him to get lost again but Rhi beat me to it.

   "Brent?" she called out.

   "Rhiannon?" he called back.

   "What are you doing here?" she asked.

   Okay was I missing something?

   "I could ask you the same," Brent said.

   "Wait you two know each other?" I asked.

   "Remember I told you earlier that I'd met someone after you ditched me at the party?" Rhi reminded.

   "Brent? Brent was that guy?" I asked shocked.

   "Hey! Why do you find that hard to believe?" Brent demanded.

   Behind me, Colton looked out at Brent.

   "If your here because there's another party, you know I'm not coming, man," Colton called out.

   "Well I was but now I have my eye on something more fun," Brent winked.

   Rhi giggled.

   "Let me stay over," Brent begged. "No way," Colton shook his head.

   "Come on man! I'll owe you big time. Please!" Brent pleaded.

   Rhi looked at me as well with pleading eyes. I sighed.

   "Just let him stay," I told Colton.

   "Really? You what him here?" Colton asked, surprised.

   "Hey!" Brent yelled.

   "Okay fine. You can stay over. I'm assuming your staying too?" Colton asked Rhi.

   "Yup she is," I said, "Okay well I guess we're all pulling an all nighter."

   Colton raised his eyebrow suggestively. I shoulder him lightly.

   "That's not what I meant!" I sighed.

   "I have an idea!" Rhi interrupted, "Let's have a seance!"