Chapter 1

Amy smiled as she saw her husband's name appear on her phone after the accompanied ding.
—————————————————————
Jake 🥰: Sorry Ames but I'm staying late tonight. ❤️
—————————————————————
If she was being honest she was looking forward to cuddling on the couch with Chinese takeout and stranger things; but she knew that if he was staying late it was for something important.
—————————————————————
Amy: Not a problem babe, whatever you do stay safe. I love you

Jake 🥰: I love you more😘
—————————————————————
When she got home Amy realized she was much more tired then she expected to be, she ate some leftovers from the fridge, executed her nightly routine (and admired the sparkle her wedding ring emitted while she brushed her teeth. She doesn't think she will ever get used to the feeling she gets when she sees that ring and thinks of the amazing man who asked her to marry her in the evidence lockup over a year ago), and was fast asleep.

It was approximately 2:00 am when Amy's ringtone jolted her from her sleep. She noticed Jake wasn't next to her and his jacket wasn't on the hook behind the bedroom door; leading her to the conclusion that Jake hadn't returned yet. She assumed the phone call was from him.

"Unknown"
Amy began to think the worst but quickly composed herself in order to pick up her phone.

"Santiago-Peralta" Amy said groggily.

"I have your son" said an unfamiliar male voice
Amy chuckled " I don't have a son. Don't you think it's pretty late for a prank cal-"
The unfamiliar voice continued " So who just asked me for orange soda and Die Hard on blu-Ray?"
That single question sent a chilling realization all throughout her body. "Oh god you have my husband.."