Compromise

Makoto's POV 

The day after the meeting I found Mitsuru in the lobby of the dorm reading a book.  

"Have you made your decision?" She asked when she noticed me. 

"I want to compromise." I replied. 

"Compromise?" She asked setting the book in her lap. 

"I would like to observe the activities S.E.E.S. conducts during Midnight before making my decision." 

"Observe us?" 

"Would you permit it?" 

"It shouldn't be a problem." She stood up and started walking towards me. "Follow me." She ordered, "I have something for you." 

Mitsuru took me up to the third floor where the girls rooms were. After stopping in front of a door which I assumed led to her room she asked me to wait. After a few moments, she emerged with the silver briefcase the Chairman had shown me yesterday. 

"You may not have joined us yet, but giving you the evoker would be better than keeping it from you." She explained. "We can not restrict what you do during the Dark Hour, but we will know if you are outside the dorm at that time. Having the evoker with you will ensure that you can defend yourself if any shadows attack you." 

"Thank you." I said and made to leave. 

"Hold it." Mitsuru stopped me. "If you want to observe S.E.E.S., then we will keep you updated on our plans. Please come when we have a meeting to discuss them." 

"Very well. Thank you again." When I leave this time she doesn't stop me.  

Yukari's POV 

Mitusuru-senpai had informed me of Makoto's decision. It was at least better than a flat out no. The power I witnessed on the roof that night was beyond anything I had seen since I awakened to my Persona. It would make him an impeccable ally, but it could also a dangerous. 

I sighed. It was evening now. I stood outside his room hesitating. He said he would not be spiteful. Still, I felt bad. After another moment I knocked. 

"It's me." I called. "Can you come downstairs? Akihiko-senpai wants to show us something."

There was a muffeled response along the lines of, "I'll be down in a moment."  so I went downstairs ahead of him.  

"Well, is he coming?" Akihiko-senpai asked. 

"I'm here." Makoto said from behind me, cutting off my own reply. I turned enough to see he was coming down the stairs. "What did you want to show us?" He asked.  

"I'd like to introduce you both to someone." Akihiko-senpai replied, walking closer to the door. We followed him. "Hey, hurry up." he called. 

"Hold your horses," A familiar voice replied from outside. "This is freakin' heavy." 

The door opened, and behind a large suitcase stood a boy wearing a blue baseball cap. 

"J-Junpei!?" I exclaimed, "Why is HE here!?"

"I stumbled across him the other evening." Akihiko-senpai explained. "He's only recently awakened to it, but he has the potential."  

"The potential?" I say. 

"Yes." He replies, "And as such he will be living here starting today." 

"You can't be serious!" I tried to argue, though I knew it was pointless. 

"He found me cryin' like a baby at the convenience store, surrounded by a bunch of coffins." Junpei stated. "I don't remember much, but that's pretty embarrassing!" 

"After I told him about us he agreed to join." Akihiko-senpai explained. "Since he's your classmate I figured you guys would get along. Besides, with him, we have enough people to begin exploring the tower. That is if Yuki's up for it." 

"I said I'd be observing your activies." Makoto replied, "I'll come along, but I'll only fight if I deem it necessary. 

"That's enough for now." Akihiko-senpai affirmed. "Then we'll meet here later tonight, before the Dark Hour." 

Everyone agreed and we all returned to our rooms to prepare.  

Makoto's POV 

It was an hour before Midnight. I had put the evoker in the holster Mitsuru had given me. If we were going where I thought we were going, I had to prepare myself for the answer. Whatever it turned out to be.

A/N: There appears to be an issue where from a readers perspective there is an Untitled Part 7 which is blank before this chapter. For me it is showing that this is part seven and there is nothing in between this and the last chapter. I am trying to fix this and if it is already fixed let me know. Otherwise, Happy New Year!