Rory couldn't tell if it was a compliment or an insult.

"She's actually very witty. She is very literary and aspires to be a journalist, dad." Logan says sitting next to Rory handing her drink she smiles and takes it.

"Really? What department?"

"I enjoy features, but I my editor hands me a mixture of politics, features and entertainment."

Mitchum nods, "Do you think you'd aspire to be an editor?"

"I'm not sure, I've never had an editorial opportunity." Rory says and takes a sip of what was her drink of club soda.

"I could give you an internship, if you'd like."

Rory shakes her head lightly, "No thank you, I like to work for what I earn rather than it be given to me."

Mitchum smiles, "Well, the offer still stands."

At this, voices are heard, and footsteps too.

Emily, Richard and Lorelai come to the living room.

"Oh, Rory. I didn't know you were here already." Emily says taking a seat, Richard next to her and Lorelai next to him.

"Logan picked me up."

"Oh? How very nice of you Logan." Emily smiled.

"We were just talking about Rory's aspirations to be a journalist." Shira says.

Richard and Emily brighten at this.

"Yes, she has a beautiful way of words. Even rewrote the obituary of my mother." Richard says smiling.

"Wait, you wrote that?" Honor asked.

Rory nodded, "Yes, it was interesting to learn about the first Lorelai and what she has achieved. It made me feel like I knew her, even though I actually only met her three times."

"When I read it I was crying. It was beautifully written." Honor commented.

"Thank you." Rory smiled.

"What else are you studying at Yale?" Mitchum asked.

"Law and Business." Rory stated.

"Wait what?" Lorelai sputters, "I though it was English and Political Science?"

"I can change my mind every now and again, mom." Rory says, "besides I'm still considering dad's offer..."

"Christopher? You've spoken to your father? When?" Emily asked suddenly.

"A couple months before I started Yale. It's no big deal. If the journalism career path goes down hill for me, dad said I'd always have a place at the firm." Rory shrugged.

"I don't remember you telling me this. Why don't I remember this ever coming up?" Lorelai glares.

"That's because I never told you, mother."

Rory was trying to stay calm because she knew they were in front of others. Logan's family specifically.

Before Lorelai could say anything a maid came in.

"Dinner is ready Mr. and Mrs. Huntzberger." The maid said timidly.

Shira looked at the clock. It already 7:00.

"Thank you Mira, let's go to the dining room." Shira says and gets up.

Elias gets up and heads to the table silently.

Mitchum escorts Shira, Logan escorts Rory, Richard escorts Emily, Josh escorted Honor. Lorelai walked behind her father..

As they all sat Mitchum and Elias at the heads of the table, Shira to Mitchum's left, Logan to his right. Next to Logan was Rory then Honor then Josh. Next to Shira was Emily, then Lorelai then Richard.

As the food was served, everyone was silent.

"So the objective of why we have invited you here, is to discuss an engagement between Logan and Rory." Mitchum says.

"What?!" Shira shrieked, "You said nothing about this to me."

Lorelai was in shock and then stared at her daughter. Rory felt like shrinking in her seat.

Slyly, Logan placed a hand on Rory's knee telling it would be okay. Rory placed her hand on top of his gently.

Luckily, no one saw the small exchange.

"Well Mitchum, we are truly honored, but wouldn't we want the children's say in the matter? They've barely known each other a week." Richard comments.

"Actually... grandpa, if I may." Rory says looking at her grandpa.

Richard nodded for her to continue.

"We've known each other since two weeks after the start of school... I think. So we've know each other for about almost two months now." Rory clarified.

"Perfect! I'll have the prenup ready by the end of the week." Mitchum smiles.

"That's not - " Rory tried but they ignored her.

"I'll call Christopher. I'm sure he'd want a say in the matter." Richard says.

"Very well." Mitchum nods.

The rest of the dinner went smoothly, surprisingly.