Busted-Chapter Ten

Start from the beginning

''What do you want Amber?'' A sad expression was replacing her usual annoying smirk.

''Huh... I heard about Jessica... Is she doing ok?'' 

''Why do you care?'' I asked raising my voice a little. And getting people's attention at the same time.

''I don't- I feel really guilty about what I did... I'm really sorry... I hope-''

I laughed. ''Seriously?'' I raised an eyebrow at her. ''You don't have to feel guilty about anything. And I don't need your pity. Oh and one last thing. I'm not the one you should be apologizing to.'' I turned around and grabbed an apple, paid for it and walked out of the cafeteria, with Noah walking behind me.

''Wow!'' Noah breathed out once we were out of the cafeteria. I chuckled and slapped him playfully on the arm.

''What... I really don't need her pity... Or anyone's actually... And she really should be apologizing to Jessica when she... I really hope she wakes up...'' I bit my lip and looked at the floor.

''Don't worry'' Noah said putting a hand on my shoulder. It felt really good. I don't know what it is but I felt safe and relaxed when I was with Noah... ''She's going to wake up.'' I smiled and hugged him.

''Thanks.''

''What are you thanking me for?''

I chuckled. ''For being there you know... Taylor and Dave too... You guys are really the best friends someone could wish for.'' He hugged me back and kissed my cheek before we pulled apart. My cheeks were flaming red. I took a bit of my apple and turned my head away to hide my blushing face from Noah's sight.

It was Friday night and Jessica still didn't wake up. I felt like everyone was giving up on her... It had been only 5 weeks... She was going to wake up... Right? She had too...

It was probably 1:00AM when I felt something poke my cheek... Wait I was at the hospital with Jessica...

My eyes flew open and I fell out of my chair... Too much excitement?

I heard a light chuckle coming from the bed.

''JESSICA?'' I got up and she smiled at me.

''No need to scream here.'' She's back... My little sister's back.

''Oh god Jess'' I wrapped her in my arms and hugged her tight.

''Crushing my bones here!'' I chuckled and let go of her.

''You're awake Jess... You're awake!'' I few tears rolled down on my cheeks as I sat down next to her on the bed.

''What do you mean I'm awake...?''

''Y-You don't remember anything?'' She shook her head and I sighed explaining all of what happened that afternoon she left to go get mom and dad at the airport...

''Wow...''

''Yea... Everyone is worried sick about you...''

''Ohh... shouldn't you call a nurse or something?'' I laughed and quickly got up. I opened the door and called a nursed. A woman in her mid-thirties came back running with the Doctor Conrad behind her.

''How are you feeling Jessica? The doctor asked while the nurse was checking the machines that she was connected to.

''How do you think I feel? Some crazy dude crashed into our car!'' She answered raising an eyebrow. Everyone in the room laughed.

''Well I see she still has got her sense of humor.'' The Doctor added. While he was asking some question to Jessica I got out of the room to go get Patrick.