Under Arrest and the New CEO

Start from the beginning

Virginia woke with a headache, sitting up her stomach rebelled and she ran to her ensuite puking down the toilet. Julian was passing her door when he heard her, hurrying in he knelt beside her holding her hair out of the way.
She started to stand, wobbling as his arms moved around her waist, only to start puking again. Julian heard Chris enter with a frown.
"Get a warm cloth and some water please, it seems she's not too well."
"Sure."
Virginia began to shiver. Julian picked her up gently carrying her back to her bed, pulling up the covers and placing the pillows to support her back. She sighed, closing her eyes.
"Do you need the doctor?"
"No. I need to get up and go to work, we have an important meeting today."
"Chris can let them know you're sick."
"This is meet the CEO day and all our updates. I'll dress and..." her murmured words drifted off as sleep claimed her again.
"Neat trick," he kissed her forehead heading out of her bedroom meeting Chris as he was about to depart. "Thanks, Chris." He pulled his head down, kissing him hard before stepping back. "Have a good day."
"Look after her," he kissed Julian's nose and left.

Julian finished his breakfast and took his coffee to his office where he turned on his computer and started to work. Looking through Thadiun Enterprise, he noted they were starting to improve their sales and buyers were returning to them once more. He looked forward to the report from Samuel later in the day to get a better scope of how the new Executives were doing.
When his buzzer sounded he frowned, pressing a button on his desk he saw the two detectives who'd interviewed him and Virginia about the wreckage of his penthouse. The buzzer went again so he pressed the audio.
"What can I do for you gentlemen?"
"We need to talk to you, re the arson attack."
"I suppose you'd best come up then." He opened the elevator doors, the men stepped inside. The doors closed and the lift started startling the two men. Arriving at the penthouse they stepped out into what was now the foyer to be greeted by Julian. "I require you to be quiet until we get to my office. If you'd follow me."
Moving quickly across the lounge they stepped into his office, the lead detective closing the door. "We're hoping..."
"Yes, yes. I heard you. I'll do what i can. Please sit down, would you like a drink of coffee?"
"We won't be long, sir if you'll answer..."
Julian sighed and sat down. "What do you wish to know?"
"We'd like to know more about Samuel Hatton."
"Why?"
"He is the one who placed the cameras in your penthouse."
"Yes, I know. He's apologised and destroyed all the videos. I just thank god he never gave copies to his bitch of a sister."
"We need to interview Mr Hatton to get a clearer picture of his involvement."
"I don't want him prosecuted. I've just hired him to be CEO of Thadiun Enterprise and the last thing this company needs is to be shot down again."
"What the hell did you employ him for after what he did to you?"
"After what his sister did to me. She set him up and it was only after he heard about the arson attack that he backed away from his sister. The last thing he needed was his life in ruins."
"How do you know he didn't set you up?"
"He's an old buddy from University. We know each other well. It's how i meet Charmaine in the first place."
"We still need to interview..."
"I'll give you his phone number. Please don't approach the company. He'll organise a place to meet you both. Was there anything else?"
"We spoke with your step-mother."
"What the hell did she was now, stirring where it's not needed i suppose?"
"Did you know she'd taped the night you had sex together?"
Julian shoved back his chair, it hit the wall hard leaving a dent. "Shit and double shit. I knew the bitch was..."
"She's deleting the videos."
He swung around with a glare. "And you believe her? Then you're fucking idiots."
"Calm down, Mr Vere. I'm sure she was telling the truth. 
"I don't care, i hate the bitch for what she did to me," he snapped.
"The sex no good," smirked the other detective.
"Would you fuck your mother? The wife of your father," he snarled his fists clenched. "Get the fuck out and don't come back."
"He's an idiot and apologises. We just want as much information as possible to make sure Ms Hatton stays behind bars." He grabbed his partners arm dragging him to his feet and ushering him through the office door. "I'll call you if anything else comes up," and quickly made his way to the lift shoving his partner inside "You stupid fuckwit," he snarled in a whisper as the doors shut.