XIIX

"'Cause I got issues,but you got 'em too

but you got 'em too.
So give 'em all to me
and I'll give mine to you."

Elijah watched as Zari was throwing knives at the wall, he cleared his throat and she spun on her feet, launching a knife at him. He caught it with ease and threw it right in the heart of the target she had been throwing at.

'Impressive, but I believe your flight leaves in half an hour, it might be better if you get ready.'

Elijah shrugged, 'When you have vampire speed, getting somewhere on time is never really an issue.'

Zari rolled her eyes and threw her knife at the target, hitting the knife Elijah had thrown previously. 'Elijah... would you please leave.'

'Why?'

'Because,' Zari sighed, 'I don't like goodbyes.'

Elijah stepped closer and pried the knives from her hand, cupping her cheek with his other hand. 'So you were just going to stay here, throwing knives, without saying goodbye to us.'

'Yes.'

Elijah rested his forehead against hers and Zari could feel his breath fanning over her lips, but when she looked up she suddenly noticed the tear rolling down his cheek. 'Elijah? What's going on?'

'You know, I never thought I'd find a soulmate. I hadn't even heard of it, neither did I ever think I deserved it. I've done such terrible things in the days I walked on this earth. Then I met you, you accompanied Damon and Stefan to the dinner at our house, you were so beautiful. But that was not... it was the confidence that you carried with, the way you were fearless of Niklaus.'

'When you're an assassin...'

'I was scared for a moment, I thought you'd get yourself killed, the things you said. And then I heard you had befriended Rebekah, I never even thought that she would befriend anyone, let alone a human.'

'Why are you telling me this, Elijah?' Zari asked as she pulled away from him.

He put hands on her waist and pulled her back gently, 'I'm in love with you, Za'Rijah Al Ghul. And I gave you my word, that I wouldn't let go. All the things you've been through made you the person you are now and I'm in love with that person. And-'

Zari cut him off by grabbing him by his collar and pushing her lips against his, Elijah smiled and pushed with his tongue gently against her lips. She parted them slowly and tugged at his hair. He held her as they had run out of breath, 'Oh Za'Rijah, don't you ever think I'm letting you go now.'

Elijah buried his face in her neck and kissed his way down to her collarbone and back up, only seeing the tears rolling down her cheeks once he stared into her eyes. A spark of worry in his own, making Zari smile sheepishly, 'I'm in love with you...'

Elijah grinned and swept her off her feet, holding her in bridal style making her squeal

Elijah grinned and swept her off her feet, holding her in bridal style making her squeal. 'Elijah! You can't carry me around like this! I'm their ruthless assassin leader! What will they think?!'

'I don't care, I'm not letting you go.'

And even though she wanted to be mad at him, she couldn't and hid her face in his chest. 'Just... do your vampire speed thing... maybe they won't see.'

He sped outside where Elena, Jeremy, Rebekah and Nyssa had been waiting on them. Rebekah was squealing as she saw them arrive, 'You did it!'

'Could you please let me down?' Zari whispered and glanced at her sister, 'This is embarrassing.'

Elijah smiled and did as he was asked, not letting go of her waist and keeping her close. Nyssa kissed Zari on her head, 'I'm going to miss you, Za'Rijah Al Ghul.'

'I've got to tell you, Talia paid a brief visit. She dropped of a piece of crucial information to get Al Sah-Him out. I thought you'd like to know.'

Nyssa's eyes widened, 'Because last time she and I were in the same room, we tried to kill each other.'

'You should try and see if she wants to make amends,' Zari told her, 'she helped Oliver, so maybe she's changed.'

'And she's our sister, so therefore you want me to give her the benefit of the doubt.'

'Your sisters tried to kill each other?' Elena asked.

'It's a long story, the plane is leaving in a minute... you better hurry up.'

'Goodbye Nyssa,' Zari whispered, 'call me, now that you have a phone.'

Nyssa nodded and waved as she watched her sister step into the plane, 'I will!'

Zari waved and slowly the door closed, making her turn to her friends. 'I'm so sorry... for making things so difficult.'

Elena smiled, 'It's okay... by the way... this might ehh...'

Zari raised her eyebrow, 'What?'

'She's trying to ask for your sister's number.'

Zari glanced at Rebekah and choked on her saliva, 'I thought you were more into... the Salvatore's?'

Elena turned bright red, 'Yes well... I was...'

'Until she saw Nyssa,' Jermey finished.

'Okay then, but if you hurt my sister, oh well... you just saw what I was capable of.'

Elena gasped and nodded quickly, a smile gracing her lips as she thought of Nyssa. 'I won't.'

Elijah pulled Zari closer, making the others quickly find their seats back and leaving the two. She looked up at him with a big and beaming smile, 'I never thought this would be my life.'

'Za'Rijah, I wanted to ask you one thing... is there anyway to make the marriage invalid, with... Oliver?'

Zari's eyes widened, 'Yes... I brought this dagger with... it's a symbol in our law to break any kind of bond...'

His lips turned into a smirk, 'Good.'

'Elijah, I don't really—' She stopped mid sentence and the confusion in her eyes turned into a mixture of happiness and anger, 'You jealous bastard!'

He kissed her forehead gently, with a smirk still lingering on his lips, 'I don't have the faintest idea of what you're implying.'