IV

"Mr

"Mr. Right could be nice for one night
But then he wanna take control
And I would rather fly solo"

***

'Yeah, I'm sorry to disappoint. But I'm not a gala kind of gal,' Zari told Rebekah as she waved with the card she received this morning, 'I'm more of a sitting at home and stuffing myself with chocolate until I don't have room for dinner kind of girl.'

Rebekah rolled her eyes, 'I'm not going alone, my family is absolutely dreadful and they're all going to be there, so suck it up.'

'I take offence to that,' Finn cut in as his sizes were being measured by compelled humans.

Zari glared at Rebekah, 'You know, you really suck at making friends.'

'You're wearing the black one.'

Zari scrunched her nose, but smiled when she saw it was long sleeved, 'Fine, you owe me though, like... really owe me.'

Rebekah shot her a smug smile, 'You do know your way around make-up, don't you?'

Zari rolled her eyes and Rebekah shot her a suggesting look, 'Yes! Of course!'

'Good, everything needs to be perfect.'

'Rebekah, tell me how handsome I am,' Kol said as he looked into the mirror, adjusting his suit and staring at his reflection.

'Ah, Kol, you know I can't be compelled.'

Zari grinned and Klaus barged inside, 'You went after Elena? What is wrong with you?'

Zari stiffened and looked at Rebekah in shock, who sighed, 'Here we go.'

'Do you want another dagger in your heart?'

'Again with the dagger threats? Don't you have any other tricks?' Kol asked.

'Oh, go back to staring at yourself.'

'And who are you, my father?' Kol snapped.

'No, Kol, but you're in my house.'

'Then perhaps we should go outside.' Kol offered, a smug grin on his face. Until Esther walked inside and told them to stop, requesting Niklaus's attention in private.

Rebekah glanced at her friend, but to her surprise her friend wasn't smiling anymore. 'What's wrong? You're not scared of Nik, are you? He's an arse, but with mother-'

'I'm not scared of that idiot!' Zari snapped, she closed her eyes and took a deep breath, 'What did you do to Elena?'

Rebekah grinned, 'I scared the shit out of the little bitch, she deserved it. I was going to kill her, but Elijah kind of got in my way,' she glanced at Elijah who was still standing there, 'always the noble brother.'