Chapter 6: The Case of a Hot Mate

Hey guys! If you're on this chapter, you probably like something about this story...let me know what it is!
Happy reading!
_______________________________________________________

let me know what it is!Happy reading!_______________________________________________________

Chapter 6
The Case of a Hot Mate

Remembering her little promise from the day before, Shyra found herself smirking as she got dressed for school. Having naturally straight hair, it took her no more than combing them for a few minutes to get rid of any and every wave.

Thanking her stars for Charlie's absence and thereby the avoidance of awkward questions, Shyra went straight to the car, having eaten already.

Feeling all eyes in her as soon as she stepped out of the car, Shyra let out a content sigh when she caught the look on Lauren's face

"I see what you meant when you said you'll show them hot." Alessia's voice came from behind her, making her stop in her tracks.

"You look scorching." John told her, as he too caught up with her.

"Why, thank you."

It was then that Shyra spotted Jasper who looked positively furious. Alice, who caught her looking, smiled brightly and waved Shyra over.

"I'll catch up with you guys in a few?" Shyra requested.

"Love calls." Lina remarked. "Hmm..don't let the boy talk you into bunking unless..." she trailed off letting the innuendo hang in the air.

"Go ahead. And at the very least, make sure you have no unapproved audience before you do anything." Alessia said cheerfully as she took Madeline's hand and left.

"I'll see you later." Was all John offered before leaving.

"You look good." Alice complimented as soon as Shyra was within earshot.

"And tall." Emmett added with a grin, looking pointedly at her four and a half inch heels.

Shyra gave him an unimpressed look knowing that he knew that she knew that she now standing at 5'9 and a half still had nothing on his 6'5 or Jasper's 6'3 or Edward and Caleb's 6'2. "Haha." She said dryly.