1-All I Want For Christmas

=Christmas&New Year's Day=

Finally, Christmas has come.

Britain thought, standing in front of the enormous Christmas tree that was in the centre of a common mall in England. It was rare for him to have his own free time. In the recent days, all he did was listening to the arguments between different politicians, or trying to help the prime minister to find out the solution of Brexit.

He stood firm and looked around the mall. The decorations were hung up everywhere. Carols were being sung by a choir. The children who wore white beard ran fast while the blustering parents were yelling behind them. Couples were sitting on the wooden bench next to the Christmas tree. The cheerful atmosphere filled the air.

Britain stared at the couples for a while. No, he was not anxious or jealous. No, he was not missing someone. No, he didn't feel lonely at all......

"Arthur!"

The Brit turned around. He widened his eyes as he saw a blond hair man running promptly to approach him. That pair of glasses, that cowlick which was to represent Nantucket, that brown bomber jacket...

He's America, clearly to be seen.

"A-AMER---ALFRED?"

The Brit was so surprised. In response to his loud reaction, thousands of attention from his people were aroused to them eventually. The Brit bowed down and kept saying sorry while walking to the American in a great speed.

"What are you doing here?"

The American laughed and pulled him closer, wrapped around his waist and whispered near his ear," Of course, I am coming here for giving you a warm hug."

🇺🇸🇬🇧🇺🇸🇬🇧🇺🇸🇬🇧🇺🇸🇬🇧🇺🇸🇬🇧🇺🇸🇬🇧🇺🇸

America woke up.

He looked at the slim British man sleeping next to him. He curled up like a caterpillar, probably because it gave him comfort when he fell asleep. His hair was all messed up and he still wore that same old teddy bear pyjama at home. America started to curl the Brit's hair with his finger.

He thought he would give a prank, no, a meaningful phone call to Britain on the last day of this year, just like the last day of the last year, the last day of the year before last year....

However, this year, he wanted to try something special. Therefore, he bought the air ticket to England, found his boss to request leave of absence, and last, he rushed to England without any hesitation.

Just like what he thought, after seeing him, Britain's eyebrows rose in surprise--that's actually incredibly cute. The Brit said,"Idiot! What are you thinking? Shouldn't you be working hectically in Christmas? Your boss will be frantic with worry if he finds out that you are missing!" America just gave him a hug and asked,"don't you miss me?" The Brit blushed and brought him to home.

"America?"

The Brit woke up and rubbed his eyes. Oh, he is still dull. America was then attracted by his emerald eyes.

"Morning, Britain."

"Good morning, America."

Seems like he is completely awake now.

🇺🇸🇬🇧🇺🇸🇬🇧🇺🇸🇬🇧🇺🇸🇬🇧🇺🇸🇬🇧🇺🇸🇬🇧🇺🇸

"Let's go countdown for the new year!"

"No."

"Please...."

"No."

"Arthur....please..."

"....fine. It is because Mr Elf wants to go so I accept your invite. It's not like I want to go."

"WOAH HOOO!"

And there he was, in a crowded area, standing next to America. Holding hands, and glanced at the countdown timer. Packed, uncomfortable, cold, stuck in the middle of the sea of people.

Why did he agree to come out for countdown?

He turned his head to gaze at America. He looked so excited and Britain just didn't get the reason why he could be so thrilled for the new year.

They are countries. To them, time passes fast like an arrow. They do not have a clean concept of what time is. He means...human's life is so short when comparing to the countries'.

Pass away, and never come back.

"Arthur,"America said.

"Yes, Alfred."

"I know what you are thinking but, it's always great to enjoy every valuable moment. Every year, every month, we face new challenges. What's more, every day, we are changing... I want to share my joy with you. I want to have memory of new year countdown with you. Because I love you."

"Ladies and gentlemen, let's start our countdown!"

"10,9,8,7..."

"Mum, mum! I have a perfect plan to leave the Earth! Jump when it is 00:00!"

"Baby, I wanna be your lover forever."

"Ugh! Stop pushing!"

So uproarious...but he could only heard what the American said.

America pointed at the screen. "Arthur, Let's view it together!"

"New Year is coming!"

"4,3,2..."

"I hope that I will not die this year!"

"Oh, it is 7 O'clock in New York!"

"1!"

"Happy new year!"

Cheers and ribbons. Kisses and gifts.

"Happy new year, Arthur! New aim this year?"

The Brit kissed on his cheek and gave out a smile. "Happy new year. I aim...to love you in the following years."