"so if hayden thinks it's a creature, he's one on his side. the people who think it's a girl are three, and the ones who think it's a boy is two." darius smirked.

"pap, pap, pap, pap," carson said rapidly, putting his hand out in the air as a stopping signal. "annie?"

everyone's attention was drawn to annie— she was using her phone, and couldn't keep her eyes off it.

"annie!" nadia screamed, but annie ignored.

"annieeeeee," darius said, rolling annie.

"yup?" annie hummed, still staring straight into her phone.

hayden stands up and attempts to grab it, but annie immediately turns different directions, still looking at her phone and hayden can't seem to catch her phone.

"annie, what are you doing?" brynn questioned.

"k-kwazy cupcakes." annie responded sounding as if she were hypnotized.

"that's not kwazy cupcakes! you're typing something!" lauren claimed, grabbing annie's phone as annie is taken by surprise.

"hey jayden, winky face!" lauren reads aloud.

"ooh la la! you're going on a date with jayden!" darius said, standing up and doing his victory dance.

"i made the ship name already, it's jaynnie!" carson said proudly.

"shush!" annie said, placing her pointer finger against her lips.

"i knew you were seeing someone." nadia awed, fluttering her eyes closed and smiling hard.

"back to the bet, what gender do you think the baby is, anns?" hayden asked.

"i think it's a..." annie trailed off.

"faster!" darius said quickly as everyone stared at annie.

"a creature!" annie exclaimed.

"ha! jokes on you guys!" hayden cheered joyfully.

"i lied. i did that to get you excited." annie teased as hayden slumped into his seat.

"but really, i think it's a boy." annie smiled as nadia and carson high-fived.

"oh look, it's asher!" carson spoke happily.

"asher!" brynn yelled as asher turned around, looking at everyone sitting at the hallway.

"oh, hey guys!" asher waved, walking up to them.

"so, what do you think is the gender of kenzie's baby?" annie interrogated.

"kenzie was pregnant?" asher said loudly.

"mhm. now what do you think it is?" carson mumbled.

"um, i don't know," asher hesitated. "a girl?"

asher walked away afterwards, with everyone catching indiana massara.

"oh, well, there's my ex," darius stuttered, widening his eyes at the sight of the australian ravenette.