Chapter VII: Bury It & Rise Above

Another visual of Bellamy King portrayed by Jay Alvarrez, attached above. Video: 'Bury It' - CHVRCHES ft. Hayley Williams

T O B I

It's 8 P.M., and I'm sweating profusely – down my face, my neck, my back... My pussy and my crack.

Wait, what?

I'm kidding. I'm totally kidding about the sweating – at least about the sweating in my nether regions. Running forces my mind to fabricate some bizarre thoughts. Apologies. But in my defense the strangeness of these thoughts help me push through the physical demands of running on a stationary device mile after mile, when my legs want to shatter and my lungs want to collapse. So anyway...

I glare down at the statistics displayed on the screen of the treadmill: 15 seconds left on this final sprint. And so I pump my legs to absolute exhaustion with labored breaths.

"Fuck!" I curse silently, smashing the 'stop' button on the torturous running device. I lean against the handles on either side of me, taking in lung-fulls of oxygen to regain my breath. Of all the gym days, cardio day is without a doubt the worst of the worst days. I feel like a damn hamster running on a revolving black strip of fabric, and I detest it.

Beside me, Bellamy is panting heavily, looking at me through the river of sweat on his face with a sloppy smile. He jumps off the treadmill. "You okay, Tobi? Looking defeated."

I step off the mechanical demon, my legs wobbly and throbbing upon hitting the anti-slip linoleum floor. "This treadmill has officially kicked my ass," I gasp, earning a chuckle from Bel. "Hey! Don't laugh at me. You're not looking too hot yourself either, man. You okay?"

Bel uses the back of his forearm to wipe off a curtain of perspiration. "Yep. I feel fine.But my throat is dryer than a 80-year-old woman's vagina, man. Ugh. I need to lubricate ASAP!"

I roll my eyes at the crude joke. "Okay, ew. Bad imagery. Just go drink some water, you sicko. And dry your hair while you're at it with some napkins – it's dripping with sweat."

Bellamy cocks a sharp brow at me. "I could say the same to your shirt. It's so wet that it's practically been superglued to your skin."

I look down, and it looks like Niagara Falls has doused my workout tee. "Oh."

"Yeah," Bel laughs, "and little miss Brunette on the elliptical hasn't been able to peel her eyes from your goodies. The wetness of your shirt is like... accentuating your chest and abs, leaving little to imagination. She's so eye-fucking you, man."

"What are you-?" Surely enough, I meet a pair of eyes staring at me when I look towards the eliptical machines. The woman is propelling her arms and legs in sync with the eliptical, causing her dark ponytail to sway and bounce against her back. She looks... hungry. And I frown at the uneasy feeling I get from her gaze.

"Hey, Tobi," Bel calls, and I snap my eyes to him.

"What?"

"Don't freak out, but I'm gonna do something."

"Okay...? What are you going to do?" I ask hesitantly.

"Just stay there and pretend you like what I'm about to do. 'Kay?"

"Uh, alright, but what are yo- hey!"

Bellamy presses up against me, his sweaty body colliding against mine in a seductive manner. What the hell is he planning?! Peekingup through his lashes, he runs a hand down my torso, leaving a burning path that leads from my chest, and down to my stomach as he traces each muscle with a delicate finger. The sensation has me trembling – not in pleasure, but rather in discomfort. His finger descends to the waistband of my shorts, and he slips it inside, teasing the skin running across my hips. I let out a low grunt, my breath shaky.