Chapter 3

September, 2, 1941

Dear, Journal,
I have had a wonderful first day and I hope that the days to come with be just as great. I know I shouldn't get my hopes up to high but I can not help this gut feeling that is powerfully and sickeningly strong. I got my schedule yesterday at the ceremony and Tom and I have the same classes. I sadly can not write very long passages in you any more because I have to keep my study's up along with my grades. So goodbye for now.
~𝑀𝒶𝒸𝒦𝑒𝓃𝓏𝒾𝑒 𝒢𝓇𝓎𝒻𝒻𝒾𝓃𝒹𝑜𝓇

   I stand up and place things away and grab my uniform and strip down in my private dorm

I stand up and place things away and grab my uniform and strip down in my private dorm. Father requested that we had private rooms and since I am the only child in our line in Slytherin I have a huge dorm all to myself. I place on new undergarments and place on the uniform. I hear a knock on my door and when I open the door I'm greeted by the face of Tom that I have grow so fond of. Stepping aside to let him in I straighten my skirt.

"Hello Tom." He returns my greeting with a kiss on my cheek. He sits down on my bed and curls up. "Did you not sleep well last night." He shakes his head no. "Avery again." He nods again I laugh and lay beside him. I rack my nails through his hair as my nails scrap his scalp helmets out a small groan.

I throw my head back let out a chuckle and continue my previous actions. I start to hum a tune that I remember my mother would always play on the violin well I sung.
"Two koi fish swim together in a pond.
Never touching, always fond.
They circle in the night under the pale moonlight.

Ah, how much do I wish I could be like the fish.
Their hearts they can fulfill in waters calm and still.

You and I, we are like the earth and sky.
Never meeting til we die.
We are a world away. There's nothing more to say.

I cannot find my joy unless I'm with that boy
Where we our hearts employ.
Where we swim like the koi."

By the time I was done Tom was out cold. I look over at the clock. 8:15am we missed breakfast and class was in 10 minutes. I hated to wake Tom he looked so peaceful well he was asleep and he rarely gets a good night rest. "Tom, love, class starts in 10 minutes." He stirs in my lap and I stop combing his hair. He groans in protest.

"I don't want to." I laugh and smile kissing his cheek. "That's a new one Tom you love class." He sits up and rubs his eyes then fix his hair. "Yeah when your in my class. Today your not in my fist class and today were conjuring patronus'." I frown knowing Tom has a hard time with doing patronus' since he has very few good memories.

"That's only today because I have to go visit the hospital wing. My brothers got into a little trouble and got torn up." He gets up and we walk to the DADA room I squeeze his hand for reassurance. "I'll be back soon it's a double class I'll be here after the first round I promise." He nods and walks into the class room. I walk to the kitchen and tickle the pear in the painting it laughs and opens up.

"The usual." A small house elf comes up to me with a woven basket with food in it. "Thank you again." I walk off and to the hospital wing once again. Wishing for the best, wishing that they were fine. But some wishes just aren't meant to come true. But I still continued to wish.