chapter twenty six

Start from the beginning

"I'm here." Stiles sighed, hugging Olivia tightly. Olivia hugged him back, turning her head around to glance at Malia who nodded.

"How did you wake up?"Stiles asked as he let go. His voice was low and raspy as they had to be quiet and he just woke up.

"After sedating me, Brunski strapped me into my bed, lucky for me Malia's my roommate, so she woke me up and broke the restraints.

"How did you get in here?"

"Malia broke the lock."

"If I concentrate, I can be pretty strong." Malia said with a low voice.

"Let's go." Olivia lifted Stiles up, nodding at Malia to lead the way.

"There's another way into the basement. Through the closed unit. Where they keep the real psychos."

Malia opened a door, walking into the room the Martin and Stilinski had been trying to get to. They followed her in, stopping once they noticed a wall.

"Do you guys know what you're looking for?"

"Something to do with that." Stiles pointed to a wall with the backwards five carved into it. The three walked over, Malia crouching in front of it. Her hand traced the carving looking up at the two.

"What does it mean?"

"Self."

"Maybe you should tell me more."

"You might not like us if you know anymore."

Malia stood up, "Try to remember that I'm a werecoyote, who murdered her own family. I won't judge. promise."

-

After explaining the situation to Malia, she took it weirdly well. Olivia insisted she didn't have to help her and Stiles research as it would be a boring and tedious task and she had already helped so much. However the werecoyote, insisted to help in some manner, so she currently sat outside of the basement on watch duty.

Stiles and Olivia currently sat on a couch, going through piles and piles worth of papers.

"Wow. This place used to be even crazier than it is now. Patients would be forced into electroshock, ice baths, trepanation."

Stiles looked up at the last word, "That's what Oliver was talking about. Trepanation is when they drill into your head."

"Sounds like the doctors here were even crazier than the patients."

"Yeah." Stiles breathed out a laugh as Oliver put down the stack of papers she was going through.

Stiles sighed in annoyance, "There's nothing here." He threw the stack he had on the ground.

"Hey, can you check to see if the lines are fading yet?" Stiles turned around after Olivia nodded. She pulled the back of his shirt up. Chills sent through Stiles as Olivia's cold hands lightly traced his back.

"Shit." She whispered. Stiles sighed, "That's not what I wanna hear."

"They're almost gone." Stiles looked down as she slowly placed the shirt back down.

"Jesus it's cold in here." Olivia shivered, "That dick Brunski took my sweatshirt in order to make the restraints tighter, so now I'm left to freeze in this tank top." Olivia rolled her eyes. Stiles turned around, a small smile on his face.

Stiles adjusted himself closer to Olivia, wrapping an arm around her, his hand rubbing up and down her arm in silence. Olivia blushed at the action, looking down. They sat like that for a few seconds, until Stiles used his free hand to cup Olivia's cheek. She slowly looked up, making eye contact with her boyfriend. After staring in his eyes, she connected their lips. Stiles dropped both of his arms, his hand now on the back of Olivia's neck as their lips moved together. Their lips slowly unconnected, Olivia's eyes fluttering open. As Stiles did the same, he slowly dropped his hand from her neck. Olivia gulped looking down as she licked her lips.