Chapter 2: A Deal

At around 4 p.m. that day, Patrick had returned to the jailhouse. 

   "Great job Flossie, I knew you could do it!" he said.

   Winnie looked over to her and winked. It was now time Flossie should go to the motel, for her day at work was over. She went to the cell exit and paused. 

   "Patrick?"

   He looked up, Winnie looking ecstatic. 

   "I read the paper when ya were gone.."

   "Okay?"

   "And-"

   "What dear old Flossie is trying to say is, she wants me to help catch an outlaw~!" Winnie exclaimed. 

   Patrick looked utterly confused, Clacker nodding.

   "I... what?"

   Flossie then explained everything that happened, him nodding and seeing "Yes" and "I see."

   "Look, I don't know... Winnie, don't give me that look."

   She was giving him puppy-dog eyes, as well as the henchman beside her. 

   "Come on, I know this gal! I can help, pwetty pwease~?"

   Patrick sighed. He really did not like turning down women. He rubbed his chin, trying to come up with a solution.

   "Silas!" he finally said.

   The cobra slithered in, stretching, as Claude followed in after him.

   "Look, I'll make you a deal. If I let you help Flossie ere', Silas' gotta come with ya."

   Winnie's face fell. She looked over at her brother, who seemed very shocked as well. And with that, Patrick opened her cell, letting the two inmates free. 

   "So I know that you haven't murdered Flossie," he began, "You'll need to write a letter from every town you visit."

   He handed Flossie a very new looking pistol.

   "Good luck," he said.

   As she watched him left, she admired the new gun she had.

   "Alrighty!" Winnie exclaimed. 

   She was already changed into her signature outfit, wielding her black rifles with pink accents. Clacker had no weapons, so he just posed with her. Silas only sighed, whispering something into Claude's ear.

   "I'm only here for supervision," he said. "Now you two better behave or-"

   "Aw, come on big bro! Snug up~!" Winnie sang, kissing his cheek.

   "So do you have a plan?" Claude asked when he came back.

   Flossie, who had been quiet, nodded.

   "We're gonna join the rodeo," she said.

   Everyone just looked at her for a few minutes and broke out laughing. 

   "What's s' funny!?" she huffed. "Eula won't even know!"

   "Uh, hello! Who's wouldn't notice two snakes, one armadillo, and a coyote?"

   "Just say yer freaks! We'll figure out somethin'!"

   Silas rolled his eyes. 

   "Can we just hurry up and go?" he asked.

   Flossie sighed, leaving the jailhouse. Claude had set up a bandwagon, Winnie looking very happy at it.

   "How sweet! You fixed up my wagon!" she exclaimed. 

   Clacker quickly took the reigns. 

   "So do you know where this clown is?" Silas asked.

   Flossie pulled out a newspaper scrap from her pocket. Looking over it, she mumbled a few things before she turned back to him.

   "So it says.. er..."

   "Black City," he read. "And.. holy lord, it's in the east!" 

   "What's s' bad about there?" Flossie asked.

   "East.. is er... weird place," he replied.

   He hopped into the wagon, telling Clacker something. Flossie then went it after him, confused.

   "So so, where are we going?" Winnie bounced. 

   "Black City-"

   "Wow, cool, I can't wait!" 

   From what Flossie was seeing, Winnie didn't seem all that bad. But something would arise as they rode into the east. And it would involve the "harmless" pink snake.