June: Part 1

The sun rose in the distance of New York City. Peter walked with his head down looking at the ground. He lost Gwen and blamed it on himself. Aunt May was worried about him, crying every night in his bedroom. His first instinct was to get out and go get some coffee. Peter opened the door to Starbucks. There was no line, so straight away he went to the counter.

"Good morning," a man said, "What is your order?"

"Just a normal coffee," Peter muttered to himself.

The man explained, "Huh?"

Peter looked up and stared at the bald headed man, "Just a large coffee."

The man nodded and started to make the coffee. Peter looked around at the people in the coffee shop. One person was on his phone, texting his girlfriend. Another person was with her boyfriend kissing. Peter quickly looked away because he didn't want to get overall emotional.

"5 bucks kid," the man said more and nudged Peter with the coffee.

Peter looked up.

'Really five bucks for a large coffee,' he thought to himself

As Peter thought this, he threw the money on the counter.

"Have a nice day," the man said.

"You too kind sir," Peter toke the coffee and walked away.

Peter walked into the busy streets as he drank his coffee. As always in New York, he was bumped about twenty before getting home.

Peter walked up to his front door and saw a note,

Pete new neighbors, went to their house to meet them and you should go there too. The house is where the moving trunk is.

- Aunt May

He looked to find a moving trunk infront of a house, two houses over. Peter ran to the house and opened the door. Don't worry the door was open. He heard laughter and walked into find his aunt and two people.

His aunt turned to him and greeted him, "Hi Peter this is Mr. and Mrs. Rodgers."

"Nice to meet you, Peter, oh our daughter is upstairs," Mrs. Rodgers shook his hand, "Madison!"

Noise came from the stairs as someone ran down it.

"Mom for the last time please call me Maddie," a girl's voice said.

A girl walked in, she had dark brown hair but people could mistake it as black hair. She also had blue eyes. Peter tried to look away but he couldn't.

"Sorry, Mads" Her father said.

Maddie's mother came behind Peter, "Peter this is daughter, Maddie."

Maddie smirked a little and stared at Peter as he did for her. He had light brown, spike up hair. Peter wore a camera around his neck and also wore a green jacket with a light navy blue shirt under it.

Her father said, "How about the both of you go into your room, Maddie?"

"Uh, sure," She yawned as she lead Peter to her room.

' "Sorry about them, Parents you know," she smirked as they enter her room.

"My parents are dead," Peter stated.

"Oh sorry I didn't know," Maddie admitted.

Peter patted her on the shoulder, "It's fine, I have gotten used to ever since I was eleven."

She nodded and spoke, "So this is my room."

As Peter walked in, he noticed pieces of paper which were written on against the black walls of her room. Also the room was filled with brown boxes..

Peter asked, "So do you have a job?"

"I just got here, Pete," she said.

He questioned, "How many days ago?"

"Two," she explained, "Okay, then what is your job?"

"Oh I'm a photographer for The Daily Bugle," he smiled.

Maddie held a newspaper up with a picture of a person swinging with a web, "So you took this photo?"

Peter didn't speak but pointed to a sentence in the right corner of the photo. The sentence said in white writing,

Photograph taken by Peter Parker

"Oh didn't notice that," she laughed.

He said pointing to the person in the photo who wore red and blue leotard, "You know who that is?"

Maddie shook her head in response.

"He is Spiderman, the hero of New York," Peter described.

She smiled back, "Like Iron Man?"

"Iron Man doesn't exist, also Iron Man doesn't have any powers," Peter said, "Spiderman has the abilities of a spider."

"Okay," She said in an I don't care voice.

"Also if you need a job, there is an opening at Daily Bugle for a journalist," Peter said changing the subject.

Maddie giggled, "Why do you think I'm going to be good at that job?"

"Uh, look at this place, it's a writer's paradise," he joked with all her stories surrounding the walls of her room.

But soon Peter jerked his head quickly. He sensed a crime in the city with his spider senses.

She asked, "What's wrong?"

"I-I have to go," He stumbled on the words he spoke.

"Um okay," She chuckled.

Peter quickly said, "Can I get your number so I can call you when you have a interview for the job?"

"Sure," Maddie said as she wrote down her number on a piece of paper.

Peter grabbed it rapidly and said, "Good bye."

She waved quickly and sat on her bed, thinking 'I really need to read comic books now.'