Imagine 3- Only The Good Die Young

If you're not up for any sadness at all do not read this imagine. Writing this especially for a friend x

You were at your's and Roger's flat on a Sunday evening, flicking through some channels on the television whilst Roger was going out to visit Freddie. You were sprawled across the sofa wearing your pyjamas when the phone rang.  You stood up, rolling your eyes from having to get up from your comfortable position, and walked across the room to answer the telephone on the wall. You picked it up and held it to your ear, leaning against the wall.

"Hello?" You sleepily spoke down the phone.

"Hello? Y/n, it's Veronica, John's wife...I don't know how to say this-I-"

Your mind suddenly jumped to Roger, flushing a wave of anxiety through your body,                          "Is it Roger?! Has something happened to Roger?!" You practically shouted down the phone, standing straight, your eyes wide.

"Not Roger...But...Its Freddie...He's...he's, dead."

The words echoed through your head, you were in utter shock, your hands shaking so much you dropped the phone. How could this be? He had only publicly announced his illness the day before? You felt like you couldn't breathe, your mind flipped in circles and circles, your whole body was shaking like mad...Then you remembered...Roger. Without hesitation, you tried to take a deep breath before running out the door and down the stairs, still in your pyjamas, no shoes, no jacket, no nothing. You sprinted to your car which was parked outside and sat down, instantly starting it up and shooting down the road as fast as you could.

Your mind was spinning, you were in absolute shock, but you had to find Roger. Your car was going over the speed limit, going as fast as you could to get to Freddie's. About 300 yards away from his house, you spotted a car on the side of the road...Roger's car, and inside was Roger, his head resting on top of the steering wheel. You pulled up with a jerk in front of him and clambered out of the car opening the door to his. He looked up at you, his face and eyes red, tears streaming down his face. He instantly got out of the car and wrapped his arms around you, his head over your shoulder, his whole body shaking, collapsing onto you, tears running down his face and all the way down your back. You held on to him tight, your hands gripping onto the back of his shirt, letting him break onto your shoulders. You moved your hand to his hair and ran your fingers through it.

"Rog- Rog- breathe. Please." You whispered into his ear, your own voice shaky from crying yourself. You could feel his body trembling all over, as if he was going to fall to the ground.

You wrapped his arm around your shoulder and began to walk to your car, opening the door for him as he sat inside, you getting into the driver's seat. You looked over at Roger, your eyes full of tears, your vision nearly completely blurred. His head was pushing against the window, you could see his sadness through the reflection- his eyes were swollen, having that lost and hurt look you had seen only once before. You started up the car and left one hand on the wheel, the other you reached over to Roger and gripped onto his hand, him gripping tightly back. As you drove home, you rubbed your thumb in circles on his, trying to calm him. It eventually got to the point where he was shaking and crying, but no tears falling- where he had reached the phase of just overall shock, the phase where his face was blank and his mind was in a whirlwind of thought.

You arrived home and opened the door for Roger, him slowly walking out and then slowly walking through the doors and up the stairs. You both got to the top and then you went into your flat, the door previously being left wide open. You took Roger's hand and brought him over to the sofa, switching the TV off on the way as there was bound to be Freddie news soon.

You sat him down and wrapped both of your hands around his. His eyes were glued onto the floor, he was silent and shaking, the opposite of what he had been like an hour earlier.

Then, he began to speak.

"Y/n, I do-don't know- I ca-can't.." He began before breaking into tears again ducking his head down, freeing one of his hands to shield his face.                                                                                         "Rog..." You said, pushing his chin up.

"I-I was on the w-way to Fred's wh-when..." He stopped to attempt to slow down his breathing, "I g-got a call, th-they said to not bother...coming. Th-they said-" He stopped again, looking up, letting out a long breath through his nose.

"He's gone. He's gone y/n, he's gone and I didn't even get to say goodbye." Tears were streaming down his face. You grabbed him by the shoulders and pulled him into you, wrapping your arms around him, as he bent his head into your shoulder, soaking the material. You, yourself were crying but you tried your best not to show it...This was your husband's best friend. You held onto his hair again and buried your chin into his shoulder, stroking his head. Roger's loud weeps only made you more and more upset.

"Its ok, its ok Roger." You whispered into his hair in-between small pants. But you knew it wouldn't be ok, not for a while. This was unbearable, the person you loved most in the world was broken on your shoulder, another person you had a deep love for...dead.

"It's not. It's not going to be ever. Never again. He's gone, Y/n, I'll never see him again." He looked at you, his voice raised but his face completely red, his face and clothes stained with tears.            "I'm s-sorry y/n, it- it's just-" He began,                                                                                                                      "No- its ok Rog, its ok...Everything's gonna be ok..." You looked him in the eyes, holding tightly onto his hand.