part four

04; shedding their skin

McKenna

THE SMALL blonde woke up with a gloomy feeling, today what the 13 year anniversary of her father's death. She sat up in bed and pulled her covers closer to her body to provide warmth, her tank top and Soffe shorts didn't provide her any warmth at all. She pulled her phone from her charger and opened it, she saw that she had a text from an unknown number. She unlocked her phone and tapped on the message.

Unknown
Hey princess, it's Sweetpea

Unknown
Do you need a ride to school?

McKenna
Hey, yes, please

Sweetpea
Sweet, I'll see you in half an hour

McKenna
Thank you so much

McKenna couldn't help but crack a tiny smile, a soft knock sounded from the other side of her bedroom door.

"Ken? Are you awake?" Genevieve asked, McKenna mumbled a quiet yes.

Genevieve opened the door completely and walked over to her little sister's bed, she saw the gloomy weather outside of McKenna's window. McKenna held her phone in her hand and fiddled with it.

"Are you going to school?"Genevieve asked her sister, McKenna nodded her head slightly.

"Yeah" McKenna sighed.

"I'm gonna pick an outfit for you so you can go shower and do your hair and makeup" Genevieve smiled sadly, McKenna smiled and stood up from her bed and walked into her clean white bathroom.

McKenna showered and washed her hair before she blow dried it and styles it, she straightened her hair and allied a natural makeup look. She had a towel wrapped around her small body, she walked back into her bedroom and saw an outfit laid out on her bed and black and white band on the floor.

McKenna smiled at the outfit that Genevieve had set down, McKenna slipped a grey colored sweater and slid her tanned legs into a pair of a pale tan colored pats. She looked in the mirror and smiled slightly, Genevieve had great style. McKenna made her bed quickly then moved to her desk where she packed her books and folders for school. She grabbed her phone and slid it into her back pocket and sat down to slip her feet into her vans. McKenna wondered over to her desk where she found a watch she had borrowed from Genevieve.

McKenna walked downstairs with her backpack in her hands. She saw two cups of coffee on the kitchen counter with Genevieve sipping out of one of them, McKenna sat down at the kitchen counter and started to drink her coffee.