2.4(End)

The group was almost neared the base. Zhu Yin looked and saw that this was where the group was attacked by zombies. The road was littered with cars, so the van was driving slowly. Suddenly, the group felt something hitting the car. Out of nowhere, a zombie came and attacked on the drivers side. Ling was driving, and he panicked when the zombie attacked, so he stopped the car. Ji Ning felt himself pale and looked at Ling, "Don't stop. Hurry and drive!" 

But before Ling could do anything, the van was already surrounded by zombies. This was the first time, the group was seeing the zombies so closely. Some of the zombies still looked humans, except for their really pale face, and bloodshot eyes. The group was surrounded from all sides. Zhu Shen saw the situation, and decided to act first. "We can't stay inside like this. We have to fight. Everyone use your powers to attack the zombies, then hurry up and get out. Once everyone is out, then it would be easier to take care of the zombies." Everyone knew that is the only way to survive, so they prepared themselves. 

Zhu Shen aimed at the window on his side of the car, and use his lightning to shoot at the zombies. The glass shards hit the zombies, and they back away. Zhu Shen uses this chance to throw open the door, making the zombies fall. He starts using his gun to shoot at the zombies head. Everyone followed Zhu Shen's lead, and got out of the car one by one. Zhu Yin made sure to keep an eye on the FL, so she can stop her in time from getting someone hurt. Zhu Yin was using her two guns to fire at the zombies. Her every shot lands on the zombie head. There were a few dozens of zombies. Everyone was busy fighting the zombies, except for Su Ting. She stayed close to Ji Ning. Su Ting knew that she couldn't fight, and to not put herself in danger, she made sure to stay close to Ji Ning. 

Suddenly, a zombie broke through, and ran straight towards Su Ting. Su Ting saw that, and screamed. Everyone was distracted for a moment to see where the scream came from. They saw a zombie rushing towards Su Ting, and also saw how Su Ting pushed Ling in front of her to save herself. Everyone could only watch as the zombie open his mouth to bite. Ling just closed his eyes in despair, and knew he was going to die. But the expected bite didn't came. Ling opened his eyes to see what happened. He saw the zombie that was going to bit him laying on the ground burning in flames. Ling looked at Zhu Yin in surprise, and knew that Zhu Yin saved his life. 

"Ling, don't stand their blankly, and kill the zombie. Everyone, pay attention to the fight." Everyone woke up from their trance after hearing Zhu Yin's voice. They looked at the zombies, and saw them being very close to them. They quickly got back to fighting. In 10 minutes, all the zombies were dead. Ji Ning looked at Su Ting, and felt disappointed. He thought that she was a kind girl, but it seemed as though he was wrong. To save herself, she would endanger someone else's life. Everyone saw the zombie rushing towards her, and one of them would have been able to save her. Ji Ning was glad that he was able to see her true face, or who knows what would have happened in the future. 

Su Ting also realized that she made a mistake, when the eyes of everyone looking at her turned cold towards her. She wanted to explain, but didn't know what to say. Ji Ning went towards her, and told her, "Miss Su, we don't mind taking you with us for the rest of the journey towards the base, but after that we would go our separate ways." After saying this, Ji Ning left her their, and went to the others to plan their route towards the base. The base wasn't very far, and so it would take them at least one hour to get their. They quickly planned everything, and started walking towards the base. Su Ting could only follow after them. 

As expected, it took the group one hour to get the base. When they arrived, they saw two lines heading towards the entrance. One of the lines was for ability users, and the other for normal humans. The line for the ability users was much smaller than the line for normal humans. Since everyone in the group was ability users, they went to the ability users line. It took five minutes before it was Ji Ning, Zhu Shen, and Zhu Yin's group's turn. The guards at the gate asked their names, age, and their ability. When Zhu Yin said that she had a fire and space ability, the guards were amazed. They told the group that so far, they haven't seen one space user. Zhu Yin was the first. And when Zhu Yin told them how big her space was, the guards were frozen with their mouths open. Zhu Yin knew that space users were rare. In danger, the user themselves could hide in their space for days. And all space ability users had very big space.