Prologue

'This is it' whispered Harry.

The DA faced Voldemort in the Department of Mysteries. Neville was terrified out of his wits seeing The Dark Lord in his full glory. Yet somehow a memory tugged at his mind but he brushed it aside.

'What do we do now?' asked Ron. 'Can he see us here?'

'Well he hasn't seen us till now so-'

'Well, well, well look who chose to join the party!' roared Voldemort. 'It is the Boy Who Lived and his cronies here to save the day.'

Harry stayed still in his place not moving.

'Bring them to me' ordered Voldemort.

Left with no choice they surrendered to the Death Eaters.

'So, what brings you here?' asked Voldemort in a dangerous tone.

'Leave us now.' roared Harry. 'We know about the prophecy and if you kill me you will die as well.'

'Let's try it out, shall we, Potter?'

"AVADA KEDAVRA"

A flash of green lighted up the room accompanied by a thump.

Neville let out a scream seeing the dead body of the fallen hero.

'You idiot, what did you do?' cried Hermione. 'Now you will die as well.'

'I won't Miss Granger, because Harry Potter is not The Chosen One, he never was!'
Everybody else in the room including the Death Eaters looked at him with shock.

'Then who-'

'The Chosen One is Neville Longbottom.'