"Slow down Ken" Genevieve giggled, McKenna smiled with her sister but once she saw Genevieve's smile fade slowly.

"What's wrong Gen?" McKenna frowned, Genevieve, shook her head with a sad frown.

"Dads anniversary is tomorrow. 13 years without him" Genevieve sighed, McKenna had forgotten, she normally never forgot.

"Yeah" McKenna sighed and sipped her coffee again, she felt the air in the room become heavy.

"How are you getting to school?" Genevieve asked trying to lighten the mood as the two sisters drank their coffees.

"I don't know actually" McKenna chuckled slightly, she pulled out her phone which suddenly started vibrating.

"Hold on" McKenna mumbled to her sister and answered the phone.

"Hey Kenny, do you need a ride to school?" The voice of McKenna's best friend Cheryl.

"Yes please," McKenna replied with a smiled as if Cheryl could see her.

"Ok, I'll see you in five minutes," Cheryl said the hung up the phone.

McKenna slipped her phone into the small pocket of her bag, Genevieve smiled as she took a sip of her coffee.

"Cheryl is going to pick me up," McKenna said, her sister kept sipping on the hot coffee.

"I should go, "McKenna said to her sister, she sipped the coffee again and kissed Genevieve on the cheek before she left through the front door.

School

Cheryl and McKenna walked through the halls with there arms linked, their footsteps in time as the sound of their heels echoed through the halls. All attention was on them just like any other day, the school jock Reggie Mantle had joined the two girls on the other side of McKenna.

"Hey Kenny, Reggie and I are just going to do something real quick, I'll see ya soon. Love ya" Cheryl said quickly before pulling Reggie away from her best friend, McKenna just stood there and way had Cheryl and Reggie walk up the staircase.

She continued to walk down the hall, attention was still on her. She saw a good friend of hers Veronica Lodge was stood at a table with her boyfriend Archie Andrews and her gay best friend Kevin Keller. She smiles and quickly walked towards them, she saw Kevin's face light up when he saw her.

"Omg, where did you get those boots?" Kevin gasped, McKenna smiled and shrugged.

"Hey McKenna," Archie said.

"Hey, what are you guys doing?" She said looking at the papers on the desk, they were class schedule and locker numbers.

"We are the welcoming committee for the ex Southside students, we want them to be welcomed to their new home in Riverdale high school" Veronica replied, her eyebrows arched in excitement but Archie didn't look too happy.

"Can I help?" McKenna asked Veronica who nodded vigorously with a very big smile.

McKenna found her way next to Veronica behind the table, she decided to look through the names that were on top of the schedules. Three names caught her attention, Fangs Fogarty, Toni Topaz and Sweetpea.

The bell rang and the hallway doors opened to reveal an old Riverdale student Jughead Jones along with Fangs, Toni and Sweetpea following behind him, behind the four were more people who all wore the same black leather jackets with the same double headed snake.

"Friends! On behalf of the students and faculty here at Riverdale high, Welcome to your new school! To ease this transition, I've set up a registration desk,  where you will get your lockers assignment, class schedule and a list of sports and extracurriculars. We encourage you to drink deeply from the cup that us fair Riverdale." Veronica said with a very welcoming smile.

All was well until everyone heard a voice from the staircase that McKenna only recognized as her best friends.

"Stand down, Eva Person!" Cheryl's voice snarled, she walked down the stairs with Reggie by her side and a select few of the river vixens behind her following in her footsteps.

Veronica shook her head in annoyance as everyone looked up at the queen of Riverdale.

"There's the school spirit I so fondly remember," Jughead said sarcastically, McKenna looked at Jughead but then noticed Sweetpea already looking at her.

"Cheryl, no one invites Fascist Barbie to the party" Veronica sassed, her arms now crossed over her chest.

"Wrong, Veronica. No one invited Southside Scum to our school" Cheryl snarled back, she now stood face to face with Veronica.

"Cheryl stop" McKenna sighed but was cut off by Cheryl's voice.

"You stop McKenna, Listen up Raggamuffins. I will not allow Riverdale Highs above average GPA to suffer, because dog classrooms that are overcrowded with underachievers." Cheryl ranted, McKenna stood forward to stop her but she kept on talking.

"So please, do us all a favor and find some other school to debase with your hard-scrabble ways"

"Why don't you come over here and say that to my face?" Toni growled while stepping forward with Sweetpea and Fangs.

"Happily queen of the Buskers" Cheryl replied stepping forwards.

"Ok stop guys" McKenna yelled, she was getting frustrated quickly.

"Can we just put our north side and Southside differences apart and start over?" Archie says, but of course, Reggie butted in.

"No, you don't speak for the Bulldogs, Andrews. And need I remind you, these greaser-snakes showed up at your place trying to kick your ass" Reggie said ad he leaned closed to Archie.

Suddenly McKenna saw Sweetpea lungs forwards towards Reggie.

"Happy to finish what we started" Sweetpea growled at the football player, McKenna held a hand to both Reggie and Sweetpea cheat to stop them from fighting.

"I'm so over the toxic masculinity in the hallway right now," Veronica said, Reggie backed off, Sweetpea just started down at the petite girl who he never knew he would miss.

McKenna was pulled away by Veronica as the principal came into the hall.

"Alright! That's enough pomp and circumstance. Everyone go to class. now." principal Weatherbee said to all students in the crowded hall.

The serpent passed McKenna and the rest of the students of Riverdale High.

McKenna felt a hot breath on her back, it's was Reggie.

"You traitor pick the wrong side," he said with a deep voice.

McKenna looked at the jock with wide eyes, she thought about what he had said. She knew that the Southside was known for the gangs and drugs but she knew that their experience at Riverdale may change them.