"It's your fault for not listening." Mari's back at folding the pink clothes.

"Those are Grace's clothes, right?" 

"Why would you say that? For all you know, they could be mine." Not only is Mari's voice just mocking El, but judging by her all-blue ensemble (like Grace, she's dyed her Camp Ashwood tee shirt), Mari isn't very into pink things. Especially bright pink short shorts.

"Those are Grace's," El insists. "So, why are you folding her clothes?"

"She's doing the easy part," Sky pipes up. "I had to wash her clothes."

It's tempting to tell Sky off like no, all you have to do is dump the clothes in and turn knobs and take them out and put them in the dryer while Mari should fold them all perfectly or Grace might have an aneurysm. Instead, she presses on with her questions. "Why? Is she like forcing you to do this? I mean, I know Grace is a bitch but I'd never think she'd be the treat other people like servants type."

"Oh, no," Mari finishes folding a pink tank top and she's done with Grace's clothes. "It's just our turn to do laundry this week. Grace is doing it the next."

"Grace...does laundry?"

Sky nods. "Ours and her own. It's actually pretty cool that she does it alone."

"Wait. She does all your laundry? Like with no help whatsoever?"

"That's literally what I just said," Sky snickers.

"I know, I know, you think it's weird," Mari says, "considering how you perceive her and all..."

"She isn't really a bitch," Sky agrees.

"She's just a bitch to you."

"Why?" El frowns.

Mari and Sky glance at each other and giggle like Brittany and Tiffany would. Mari mutters something in Japanese, her smirk just about tearing her face apart. and El's gut twists in suspicion. Sky's silent giggles turn into loud chortles.

"I'm 'fraid I can't tell ya, ma'am," Sky says, putting on a strong Southern accent (it sounds way too authentic to be fake, though).

"You'll find out soon enough." Mari winks at El, just in time for the washing machine to ding, meaning El's load is nice and clean.

El sighs in defeat as she transfers her clothes to the dryer. If Grace is mean only to her, so be it. El has been doing the same, anyway.

⌚ 9:00 AM

El is taking Cabin A to the lake when Mari catches up to her, panting. "El - El! Tawagoto...you have a phone - phonecall!" The phone exchanges hands.

"Thanks," El says. "Wait, how did you know that I have a phonecall?"

"I - I," still panting. "Grace told me to get her sunscreen from y-your cabin and I heard your phone..."

El looks at the screen of the buzzing thing in her hand that shows the words MAMMA MIA along with her mother's face and wonders how Mari could've heard it (ringtones are for people who are just asking to be embarrassed). "Thanks," she says again.

With a slight dip of the head (force of habit perhaps), Mari smiles and retreats back up the path calling a "don't mention it!" behind her.

"Shouldn't you answer that?" Bianca points to the phone.

"Watch it, young lady." El is surprised that she can keep from busting out laughing when saying that. Bianca can barely keep a grin from her face as well. She sticks her tongue out at El, like the "young lady" that she is. I just crack myself up sometimes, El thinks to herself. She holds up a finger to silence Cabin A and presses the phone to her ear. "Hello?"