Mr. Wills soon arrived, greeting his students and they echoed back. Surprisingly, the grinch of a man had a pleasant smile on his face. "Good morning class, I've got great news!" He started. Taehyung and the boys snickered, but were quickly shut up when Mr. Wills threw them a sharp glare.

He continued. "I've read over all you reports and I'm pleased to say they weren't half bad. You've got quite an imagination."

The report Mr. Wills was talking about took Taehyung the entire ten days given time to complete. Not because he procrastinated but because he had no clue what to do. The instructions were to explain how a photograph could show blank. The professor assigned what would fill in that blank and Taehyung had received magic. So he went out, bought a pack of sparklers, lit up and took a picture of it against the night sky, sat down in front of his laptop and had no clue what to write. In the end, he just typed in whatever his high on red bull mind decided was good and submitted without looking back. Hearing Mr. Wills say it was overall well put him slightly at ease.

"Anyways, moving on," Mr. Wills continued, taking out his USB and connecting it to his laptop to begin the class. Taehyung wrote down his notes neatly in his binder, switching pen colours when necessary. He liked things being that way, in order and organized.

Soon, the class ended and students rushed to the exit, including Taehyung, but he was stopped by his teacher calling out his name to stay behind. Taehyung sighed and walked over carefully to the man. "Yes, sir?"

"About the report," he started.

"Yup, the one you said everyone did well in."

"Well, there was an outlier."

Taehyung frowned, knowing where it was going. "I'm guessing that's me."

"Taehyung, when I read over your report, it was as if you missed the whole point. Magic is such an easy topic to talk about as we don't know what it even is. You could've made up anything. You constricted yourself in this box that you really need to escape."

"But magic doesn't exist, sir. It's hard talking about something that doesn't exist." Taehyung remembers his friends getting topics like love, fear, confidence, all of which exist and he was stuck with magic.

"You don't know that, Mr. Bennett."

Taehyung furrowed his brow as his lips pressed into a thin line, something he does when he's confused.

Mr. Wills shook his head and sighed. "Well, there's nothing we can do about the report, but I hope you improve on the next assignment like this. You can go now. "

He thanked his professor with a frown and walked out the room slouching. Although Taehyung was one weird –in the best ways– boy, he only believed in the things that could be proved by science. No ghosts, no aliens, no witches, no vampires, no werewolves, no fairies, no goblins, no leprechauns, and certainly no magic. Taehyung straightened his back, he wasn't about to let this one little thing ruin his day. Something amazing was sure to happen, maybe he'll win the lottery without even buying a ticket, he just knew it.

•—•—•

Taehyung was having the worst day.

He showed up late to almost all of his classes, he forgot to bring money to buy lunch, he mixed up nearly his entire script during a presentation, ran into almost every single person he hates even the sight of, lost the few coins of change he had to a damn vending machine, and ran through the rain home because he didn't check the weather to think of bringing an umbrella. Worst of all, Jimin wasn't there to rant about all of it to.

So, to improve his miserable day, he resorted to his last option: a gay bar.

Taehyung didn't go there often, only when he was feeling super lonely or depressed, but Jimin would usually come along to make sure he's kept in check. Although it usually went the other way around when Jimin ends up drinking way over his limit and grind on literally anyone in sight.