Chapter 4

It was the next morning, tomorrow was the day of Jacob and Alexa's engagement and there was heaps to be done. Gina and Dianna were waiting for Alexa to get ready, Jacob was surely on his way and the two ladies couldn't wait to start getting ready for tomorrow.

There was a knock on the front door and Gina rushed to it, opening she saw the giant Jacob standing with his arms crossed. "Good morning Jacob" Gina greeted him, "Alexa hurry up, Jacob's here" she yelled out to her sister. "Ok Jesus I'm coming" Alexa yelled back. Gina rolled her eyes and looked back at Jacob, "come in, you're just standing there". "It's all good I'll wait at the car for you ladies" Jacob responded and walked back to his car.

It took a good ten minutes for the three ladies to walk out the house, they approached Jacob who was leaning on his car and he nodded at them as a greeting way. Alexa walked up to him and started apologising, Jacob smiled then leaned down and gave her a kiss on the top of the head, "no problems" he said. Dianna and Gina smiled at each as they watched Jacob let go of Alexa and open the passenger door for her.

Everyone jumped in and looked at Jacob as he started the car and drove out of the driveway. He looked at Alexa, "so Falls End I'm guessing?" He asked and she nodded. "That's where I'll be able to find a nice cream dress like the Father insisted" Alexa smiled at him. "Look for a different colour dress if you don't want cream" Jacob suggested. "But the Father.." Jacob cut her off, "he's not the one getting engaged Alexa, you are. I've already spoken with him, he's allowing you to wear any colour and make any decisions for tomorrow. It's your engagement, you do what you want".

Alexa looked down at her hands and smiled to herself, "actually Jacob, it's our engagement. You've got much of a say in it as well". Jacob smirked while he continued to watch the road, "and I'm saying that you can do whatever you want and wear whatever colour you want". "Thank you" she raised her head and gave him a smile, he nodded back at her and gave his concentration to the road again.

-

It was a long drive from Whitetail Mountains and Falls End but the group of four finally arrived and saw it was a little busy, but Jacob still managed to find a car park. They all jumped out the car and Dianna started rubbing her hands together, "oh how exciting but we have so much to do and get ready for tomorrow".

The first thing that was on the list was to find Alexa a dress with Jacob, while Gina and Dianna went looking for decorations, cutlery and food to serve for tomorrow.

Jacob and Alexa walked into the first dress store, they both started looking around for a dress. Now that Alexa was allowed to wear whatever colour she wanted, her decision was going to be a lot harder, so she decided that she'd let Jacob decide by trying on different styles and colours.

First she tried a blue dress, strapless but Jacob shook his head and gave her a "nah". She then tried on a silver, glittery gown which wasn't too pleasing for Jacob so he shook his head again. Alexa went back into the change room to get dressed, Jacob meantime walked around the dress store, looking around until his eye stopped on something he liked.

Just as Alexa was about to grab her shirt to put it on, Jacob knocked on the change room door, "I found something, you mind trying it on for me?". She opened the door to peak through, hiding her body behind the door and looking at Jacob. "Here" he handed her a red gown and she grabbed it off him. "Ok I'll be out in a minute" she closed the door again and examined the dress Jacob had picked out, to her surprise it was actually a stunning dress.

It was a sparkling red dress that was covered in glitter from top to bottom, the straps weren't too thin or too thick and there was a split on the left side.

She tried it on and immediately fell in love with it and seeing that Jacob was the one to pick this out, she was certain that he was going to like it. She stepped out from the change room and walked out into the store where Jacob was waiting. He was sitting on a couch, staring down at the ground until she called out to him and he lifted his head up. His eyes opened wide as he saw Alexa in the red dress he had chosen for her, he was speechless but stood up to get a better look. "So what do you think?" Alexa asked as she spun around for him. "You look amazing" he replied back, "I think you've found your engagement dress".

Alexa smiled at him and looked in the mirror that was beside her, "do you think the Father will be a little upset with this split? It pretty much exposes my whole left leg". Jacob approached her and stood behind, looking at her through the mirror, "firstly, when you're with me don't call him Father, his name is Joseph. Secondly, if I don't have a problem with it then Joseph doesn't have the right to say what my fiancé gets to wear". Alexa looked up at him, hearing him saying the word 'fiancé' seemed so weird but so sweet at the same time, it even felt weird for him but somehow he was loving it.

"So what colour shoes you going to wear under it?" Jacob asked breaking the silence. Alexa tilted her head to the side, trying to decide what colour "hmm maybe black or silver. I'll have to try both colours on and make a decision like that". With saying that she walked back into the change room and got dressed in her original clothes. Once she was dressed and out of the change room, her and Jacob approached the register where he grabbed the dress out of her hand and paid for it. "Jacob what are you doing? I should have paid for it" Alexa looked into his blue eyes and he smirked. "Too late, plus I picked it out so I pay for it" Jacob winked at her, sending a hot flush down her spine and her cheeks turning pink.

"Such a beautiful decision on the dress, special occasion?" The girl at the register asked with a smile on her face but somehow the smile still had fear written over it as she looked up at Jacob. "Yeah, it's our engagement tomorrow" Jacob answered handing the bag with the dress in it to Alexa. "Oh how beautiful, congratulations to you both sir" the girl responded. "Thanks" Jacob replied back, putting a hand on Alexa's back and escorting her to the exit.

"Thank you so much Jacob, I really love the dress" Alexa smiled a big smile. "You're welcome, so let's go find you shoes and jewellery as well, then head back home" Alexa nodded at Jacob and walked beside him through Falls End, looking for a shoe and jewellery shop.

-

It took four hours for the shopping to finish, everyone was tired but the ladies still had so much things to organise for tomorrow night. They pulled up into the driveway of Alexa's family home and everyone including Jacob jumped out. He helped with taking shopping bags that contained food or heavy objects, inside the house.

"I better head off, you girls have a lot of things to organise, I guess I'll see everyone tomorrow" Jacob nodded at Dianna and Gina. Alexa walked outside with him to his car, just then her father Tom arrived home. Tom jumped out of his car with a smile and shook Jacob's hand, "busy day shopping?". "Don't ask dad, you know how Mum is when it comes to shopping" Alexa responded back to him. "Ahh sweetie, your mother will never change. Anyways I'll leave you two alone and help your mum out in the kitchen" Tom shook Jacob's hand again and rushed inside leaving Jacob and Alexa alone.

"Here take this" Jacob pulled out a mobile phone from his pocket and handed it to Alexa, "if you ever wanna chat, my numbers in there. I've got yours saved on mine". "Jesus Jacob, you've gone through a lot of trouble in one day. I don't know how I'll ever repay you for all this" Alexa blushed looking down at the ground. Jacob put his hand under her chin and lifted it back up, "in two months time, just say yes on our wedding day and that'll be enough for me". "After everything you've done, you don't actually think I'll turn my back on you Jacob. I know what it feels like being rejected but you don't have to expect that rejection from me. I'm going to say yes, if you say yes as well" she put her hand on his shoulder. "I'm going to say yes as well Alexa" Jacob assured her and placed a kiss on the top of her head, "remember call me whenever you want". He pointed at the mobile phone and then jumped into his car. He waved goodbye at Alexa and she did too, just like that he was driving off out of sight and Alexa smiled.