Chapter 10

Dianna called Tom once they got home, she explained to him what had happened but Tom assured her that he was already angry about something else. "Some guy broke free from the cage, he was angry at that. I'm sure he just took it out on the wrong person" Tom explained. "This is the second time in two days Tom, that Jacob has broken our daughters heart" Dianna whispered hoping Alexa wouldn't hear any of it. "Dianna, I am telling you the man is stressed from all the work that Joseph's piled onto him. Cut him some slack, I'm sure he'll make it up to her" Tom had to hang the phone up, he gave his wife a quick goodbye and hung the phone up.

Alexa walked out of her room and into the kitchen where Dianna was standing. "Hey sweetie, you look better. Is everything ok?" She asked stroking Alexa's hair. "Yeah I'm fine mum" Alexa smiled at her and started rampaging through the fridge. "Maybe it is too soon for you and Jacob to get married" Dianna said and Alexa froze. "What? Why?" Alexa asked confused. "Well you and Jacob have lately been arguing a lot" Dianna looked down at the ground. "Well you should have thought about that before you, dad and the father went behind my back and made plans to get me married to him. Now I've fallen in love with this guy and you are standing here and telling me it's too soon" Alexa slammed the fridge door closed and stared at her mother, "I'm going to marry Jacob in one and a half months, like it or not".

Alexa stormed into her bedroom, slamming the door shut behind her and jumping on her bed. She looked at her mobile phone for a short moment before reaching for it and ringing Jacob. She started feeling a lump in her throat form as she remembered what her mother had just said, and she knew she wasn't going to hold her tears back when she hears Jacob's voice.

"How's my little kitten going?" Jacob's voice came through the phone and Alexa had to build the courage to talk and not cry. "Jacob, I.." she couldn't hold her tears and hung the phone up on his face, she threw the phone on the bed and took a few deep breaths to calm herself down.

Her phone immediately started to ring, she took a few more breaths in then picked it up. "Alexa what's wrong? Did something happen?" Jacob started panicking. "I need to see you Jacob" she said with a soft voice, "please". "Ok well I can't leave work but I'm sending someone to pick you up" Jacob immediately hung the phone up and Alexa got changed from her PJs and into some appealing clothes.

-

One of Jacob's men came ten minutes later, knocking on the door and waiting for someone to open it. Alexa ran to the door before Dianna can and without saying a word to her mother, she left the house and jumped into the man's car. Dianna knew her daughter was upset at her, she had every right too but Dianna was only just thinking about her daughters happiness. She knew that Alexa loved Jacob, she saw the love in both their eyes every time and she deeply regretted everything she said to Alexa about their relationship.

The man drove into the courtyard of the Veterans Centre, parking the car right in front of the buildings entrance. Alexa jumped out and rushed up to Jacob's office. She knocked on the door and waited for him to call out, which he immediately did. Alexa opened the door and walked through slowly before seeing Jacob standing near a board on the wall. "Kitten" Jacob put down the stuff that was in his hand and was about to approach her, when instead Alexa ran into his arms and started crying against his chest.

"Who hurt you?" Jacob sounded angry but his face had curious written all over it. "First they say we have no choice but to marry each other and now they are saying that we are getting married too soon. No one understands how much I love you and want to marry you Jacob" she started babbling on. "Alexa who hurt you?" Jacob repeated and she looked up at him with her teary eyes. "My mum, my friends and you" she continued to look up at him and saw his face expression change. He hated the fact that she said that he was one of the few that was hurting her, he never intended on doing so and right at that moment, Jacob was going to change that and make sure that he never hurt her again.

"Two days in a row you've gotten angry at me for the smallest things and then I start crying like a baby" Alexa took in a deep breath and looked up at the roof, "bloody hell I'm such an easy crier". Jacob put his hand on her cheek and wiped away the tears that came down her cheek, "guess we have to change that now don't we?" He smirked at her and Alexa nodded. "At least, you don't hurt me Jakey" she put her hands on his chest and watched as his smirk changed into a smile. "Jakey huh? I guess I could live with that" Alexa rolled her eyes at his comment and giggled slightly, "I won't hurt you kitten. So when do I get to see you in the wedding dress?". "In one and a half months thank you very much" Alexa responded and pulled away from him, "can I stay here while you work?". Jacob nodded at her question and gave her a chair to sit on.

-

The rest of the late afternoon Alexa watched Jacob do paper work and hold meetings with his men, she loved seeing him in control of everything that happened in Whitetail Mountains. Even though he hardly looked at her when he was working, he knew her eyes were on him the whole time and occasionally he'd smirk into his beard, making sure she didn't see him noticing her.

Eventually when he completed his last paper work and put it aside, he finally made eye contact with her and shook his head, "you bored kitten?" He asked her. "Nope" she responded with a smile. "Yeah I can tell. Didn't take your eyes off me the whole time" he chuckled as he stood up and approached her as she stayed seated in her seat. "Oh you noticed, oops" she put her hand over her mouth and giggled. "Come on kitten, let me take you home" Jacob shook his head again and was about to start walking when Alexa stopped him. "Actually I was wondering if we could talk about something", her smile and happy face disappeared and was replaced with a worried look. Jacob nodded at her and bought his desk chair next to hers.

He sat on the chair, he rested his elbows on his knees and put his hands together. "Spit it out" he started to become impatient. "I don't want to make you angry again but I also want to get my Mum off my back. She asked me about where we were going to live after the wedding" Alexa looked down waiting for Jacob to get angry again. He was definitely annoyed but it wasn't towards her, more towards the fact that people were putting their noses into his business.

Joseph was also on his back about the whole "where are you going to live" question as well. Jacob had no time to go and look around for a secure cabin to live in with his wife.

"You realise this is my home right?" Jacob asked her, "I've always lived here in the Veterans Centre". "Oh I know, I'm not fussed about where we live Jacob. I'm even happy to live here as well" she took Jacob by surprise, he was expecting her to something else but to hear her accept the Centre as her home too, made him fall in love with her even more. "You want to live here? At the Veterans Centre?" He asked and she nodded excitingly. "Of course, at least living here means I'll always be close to you" she said as she placed her tiny hand on Jacob's giant hands, "I love you Jacob". "I love you too Kitten" Jacob said as he leaned forward and kissed her soft lips.

"So I was wondering, how does camping and hunting sound?" Jacob asked, raising from his seat and putting it back behind his desk. "Oh that sounds exciting. I've never been hunting or camping" Alexa rose up as well and approached Jacob, "I'd love to go with you". "Perfect, it's a date" Alexa blushed at his comment and hid her face against his chest, putting her arms around his waist. "Gees Kitten you blush way too much" he chuckled, then kissed her on the top of the head. "I can't help it Jakey" she said with her face still hiding against his chest.

"I'll take you home" Jacob hugged her back. "Oh that's ok, my dads probably finished work now too. I'll go back with him" Alexa said as she pulled away from him, "unless you want to come over and watch Titanic again". Jacob chuckled as he turned his back to her, approaching the door, "I'll pass on the whole Titanic thing". Alexa laughed as she grabbed her bag and walked out of his office, "see you later Jakey", she stood on her tiptoes and kissed his cheek.