four. visits from joanne

Lilia's POV:
I practically jumped down the stairs at the sound of the doorbell ringing and raced to answer it.
"Jeez someone's excited" My mum laughed following me to the door, I opened it and stood there were Joe and Dianne grinning. We exchanged hugs and let them in.
"So, you two are official then?" Mum asked hopefully and the pair just nodded and smiled at each other lovingly. I was so happy that Joe had found someone that made him so happy and the fact that Dianne is also a dancer was great.

Joes POV:
The evening went on and we chatted, spoke about our strictly experience and welcomed Dianne to the family. I was so glad that she fit in so well, especially with Lili as they spoke for hours together about dancing; typical haha.
As I lay in bed with my legs wrapped around Dianne's, her head lightly pressed against my chest I heard the distant sound of thunder. As it grew closer and louder I began to worry about my sister in the next room, she had always had a big fear of storms and usually ended up having a panic attack of some sort. The storm carried on and I decided to go and check on her, I untangled myself from Dianne and slipped out of the duvet.
When I approached Lilias room I could already hear faint cries but I knocked anyways. She didn't reply so I opened her door and made my way over to her bed. I kneeled down to her level and pulled the hair out of her face, her cheeks were covered in tears and more kept falling from her blue eyes. "Oh Lils you alright?" I asked stupidly but she just continued to cry so I sat on the bed and pulled her up cradling her gently. Her body fell into my arms and she buried her tear stained face into my tshirt.
We sat silently for a few minutes as I rubbed her back trying to comfort her before she finally spoke up.
"Thanks Joe"
"You don't have to thank me love"
"I was really scared but I didn't want to disturb you and Dianne so thank you for knowing"
"Awh you don't have to worry about disturbing us, if you ever feel the same again just let me know neither of us will mind" I said smiling at her.
"You ok now?" I asked and she slowly nodded and slipped out of the hug climbing back under the duvet. I kissed her forehead softly before returning back to Dianne, she mumbled something as I got into bed which I couldn't make out so I just pulled her into my chest and drifted into sleep.