Chapter one

The last day of summerbreak was spent with my closest friends. We went to the beach when the sun started to set, we brought a speaker, beers and marshmellows and made a fire to sit around when it got cold.

Now it was dark, the music was just at the right volume to speak over and hear each other and we were curled up under blankets. I was sharing a blanket with Noah one of my best friends, my head on his shoulder and his hands playing with mine. Zoey another one of my best friends had her own blanket but my brother and Isaac kept teasingly to steal it, which she punched them for or pouted, whichever she felt like.

Tomorrow was the first day of senior year, and to say i was pretty anxious about it wasn't a lie. It isn't that i don't like school, it is alright but i like to do what i want whenever i want and i can't do that when I'm stuck in school, but on the bright side, my friends will be there with me.

A light pain in my side snaps me out of my thoughts and i jump in my seat with a squeak, my head leaving Noah's shoulder to look at him with raised eyebrows.

"What the fuck Noah?" i exclaim and narrow my eyes, trying to look a little mad

"Well you disapeard in there again," he tap my forehead with a small smile "and i wanted to know what you were thinking about" he shrugged and fixed the blanket on my shoulder which had fallen when i got scared.

I sigh and pull my knees to chest "tomorrow, how we are finally seniors" The sarcastic tone in my voice did not go unnoticed by Noah, who blows a raspberry and furrow his eyebrows while quickly glancing at our friends before returning his eyes on me. The fire reflecting in his brown eyes, making them shine more than usually and his dark long eyelashes casting shadows on his high cheekbones.

He was pretty, that i will admit, but he wasn't ordinary pretty more like a sunset on a sunny evening that warmed you from the inside or a lit candle that you just couldn't take your eyes off, there's something about his apperance that mesmerizes you.

"Why the tone young lady?"

I roll my eyes and lightly push him "because senior year means the end, the end of high school, the end of our friend group and the end of the routins you make for yourself and it scares me. I'm afraid of changes and new starts, i don't want to not see them everyday." i make a gesture to my friends around us and then drop my hand in my knee.

Beside me Noah chuckles, making me raise my eyebrows in shock and irritation "Why are you laughing at me, this is serious" and quickly i drop my eyebrows to a frown to show him how serious i am.

Noah snort before grabbing my chin and pulling my face close to him, looking at me with wide eyes "You, young lady is 17 years old and nobody is leaving yet okay? You have like what, 10 months left before high school is over and i promise you that at least i wont leave your side after that. So stop thinking about that and enjoy this last night before hell starts tomorrow" He lets go of my chin and pats my head.

"i mean look at them,"Noah continues and i turn my head to my friends and observe them "they're enjoying their last night of freedom. Well at least your brother and Isaac is, those idiots" Isaac is smudging marshmellow in my brothers hair clearly both of them are drunk and Zoey is in the middle looking grumpy while sipping on a beer. "You should too Saph"

I put my arm around him from inside the blanket and squeeze him in a hug "thanks Noah" he dosen't look at me when he answers, instead he looks at the fire with a soft smile "no problem"

When i glance back at the others i caught my brother gulping down yet another beer and Isaac cheering him on like a 5 year old, bouncing up and down in his seat. As the twin sister to Mateo i get a little worried.