Caught In a Kiss

“It was Drew Sears.”

“I'm telling you it was Luke Landon.” I say adamantly, as if I know how to talk any other way.

“Drew Sears, Savannah. Give it up.”

“Taylor Rimwood,” I say seriously, eyeing my best friend. “I swear on my life that it was Luke Landon.”

“You're being weirdly dramatic. Again.”

“Please, I'm right and you know it.”

“And what if you're wrong, Vannah?” She asks, head tilted, daring me to bet.

The words come out before I can even think once about them. “I'll kiss Hale Richards.” Wait, what?

The corner of Taylor's mouth lifts, and there's a visible glint in her eye. I want to take it back, but it's too late. I would rather drown myself than admit to being wrong about something. I guess you could say I'm a little proud.

“You wouldn't.” she says with a smile, but she knows I would. Now that I've said it, it's as good as done.

“I won't have to,” I say instead. “Because I know it was Luke.”

Taylor's focus shifts to something behind me and her face lights up. “Hey Blake!” she hollers, both of her hands cupped to project her voice across the parking lot.

I freeze at the sound of his name, and force myself to relax and act casual. I can hear him walking from behind me, and the thought that he's so close makes my heart thud in my chest. I nervously run a hand through my dirty blond hair, hoping it doesn't look like the disaster it did this morning. Blake walks right past me and slings a lazy arm across Taylor's shoulder.

“Hey,” he says with a smile in my direction, and I feel a grin on my face appear instantly. He then turns his head to face Taylor and leans down to kiss her neck. “How was your day, beautiful?” he murmurs, and Taylor bites her lip, blushing furiously.

I look down, hurt by his blatant PDA. I have no right to, though.

After all, Blake is Taylor's boyfriend.

“Come on,” Taylor protests, but she's smiling like crazy. “Be serious, I have to ask you something.”

Blake straightens up, trying to look like he's paying attention, and moves his hand down to wrap around her waist. I think of how desperately I wish he'd hold me the same way and mentally punch myself in the gut. “Alright, I'm sorry,” he says, lovingly. “What's the question?”

Taylor raises an eyebrow at me and tilts her head in Blake's direction. “Go on,” she says, like a mother telling a child to apologize. “Ask him the question.”

I roll my eyes, tucking away my secret crush. “I don't even see the point of this, we both know I'm right.”

“Then you'll have no problem asking, will you?” She says sweetly, and I bite my lip in frustration and fear.

I can't kiss Hale Richards. He's always disliked me, so automatically, I hate him with all my heart.

“Fine,” I huff, turning to face Blake. “The guy who played the doorman in Timeless, was it Drew Sears or Luke Landon?”

He screws his eyes up in concentration for a few seconds and then smiles, the signal that he's figured out the answer. It's this adorable quirk that he has, and every time I see him do it, I swear I fall a little bit mo-

“Drew Sears.”

I shake my head, feeling my face pale as I swallow down the sudden feeling of nausea. “You sure?” I ask shakily, although I already know the answer.