"But, you have to promise me you are not going to man handle me or push me against walls." Anika narrowed her eyes.

Shivaay pulled away with a light nod. Anika had only straightened up when he leaned closer to her again, making her back touch wall. He was not touching her, at all, she noticed.

He leaned to her right ear and Anika stood still. "Badi Maa is watching us. Just convincing her that we weren't arguing."

Anika nodded lightly and Shivaay pulled away. Smiling at her, he began walking down the hallway and Anika took deep breaths to calm herself down. She had never been so close to anyone except family and a few friends. Smoothening out her skirt, she followed him quickly.

---

They were now back in the living room and Anika was sure she was getting all those 'looks' because of what Shivaay had done. She awkwardly tucked an hair strand behind her ear and smiled at Pinky before settling down.

"Anika, it has been wonderful to meet you," Dadi began, "I am sure all of us can see exactly why Billu has finally found himself a girlfriend." Everyone smiled at her and she did too.

"I can only wonder why he didn't tell us about you sooner." Pinky frowned and pulled Shivaay's ear who was sitting on her other side.

"Ow Mom. No!" Shivaay leaned away from her, rubbing his now red ear.

"Aunty, I should leave now. Gauri messaged me so long ago that she wasn't feeling well. I am sure she had something too cold even when she knows she can't take this weather change."

"Both of you are lovely young women." Janhavi added. "I am sure your parents must be proud of you."

Anika grinned. She looked at Om who was smiling stupidly to himself and smirked to herself. Her sister had gotten such a lover boy.

"Shivaay, I think you should drop her home."

"Mom I am not her chauffeur!" Shivaay rolled his eyes. "Shivaay, go bring Anika. Shivaay, go drop Anika. No. Just no."

"Haww! What sort of boyfriend are you?" Pinky frowned.

Anika looked at him pointedly before tapoing Pinky's shoulder.

"Aunty, it's okay. We just had an argument. I'll go by myself."

"Nahi puttar, even if you argued Shivaay should understand and not be a kid. You shouldn't support his stupid tantrums."

Shivaay's mouth hung open and the Oberois all looked at Pinky in amusement. It was no hidden fact, Pinky was somebody who'd always support Shivaay, no matter how annoying he'd be.

"Mom, I do have a presentation at 5am."

"But you are an owl anyway. Don't give me these stupid excuses."

"Choti Maa, let them be. I will drop Anika." Om got up and Anika raised an eyebrow at him. "I wanted to collect my schedule from Gauri as well."

Pinky sighed and nodded. Getting up, she hit Shivaay on his head and turned to Anika. When Anika got up, she hugged her and Anika looked at Shivaay with a smile. "Bye Billu!" Anika mouthed and winked at him.

As she bid goodbyes to everyone else, Anika followed Om outside. Pinky shook her head in disappointment. "You can romance her in the corridors but when you can go out and at least say a proper goodbye you are standing here like an idiot. Tch tch."

Shivaay groaned and followed them. Once they were outside, Anika turned to Shivaay.

"You could just come and dropped me anywhere to convince them."

"My family knows me. If I would have, that would be out of character." Shivaay shrugged. "Also, why did you tell them that you proposed to me? That was not a part of our plan."

"Same reason as you. Pinky Aunty thinks you are horrible at romance, quite correct but yeah. So the cliché proposal wouldn't have worked at anyone."

"Shivaay, Choti Maa sent you outside to romance Anika. Either do that or let us leave. I have to come back as well."

Shuvaay shrugged and turned away. Anika was about to walk away when Shivaay grabbed her elbow and pulled her backwards. Before Anika could understand what was happening, he placed a short kiss on her cheek and walked away.

Anika stood rooted on her spot until Om honked and she quickly hurried to the car.

Her phone buzzed.

Mom was watching
from the doors. -.-

---

So, it happens to be my birthday today👀 Not sure why I am telling this to everyone but you guys should know I love you all so much and thank you for making this year amazing. I have been writing so much on ShivIka in this last one year and it has been a fantastic experience for me <3 I have quite grown from where I began and this means a lot to me. So many people following me (425+ people think following me would be a good idea?!), immense number of reads and votes and of course, the lovely comments you guys leave :')

You guys are, of course a major reason that I have four conpleted books and quite a few on-going ones.

Thank you for all this love.❤