Dodgeball

: Playing dodgeball was never easy, especially when you are about to battle a group of jocks.

I was sitting on the bleachers during gym class. While the other students are playing dodgeball.

It was really going fine, me watching other as they play. But then the gym teacher called me. "Hey Y/l/n get over here, it's your turn to play."

I groaned as I stood up from the bleachers. I made my way to the middle of the gym and waited.

"Now everyone who are called to play has to because this will serve as a project in my subject." The teacher said. "You will be group in teams and the winner will have the highest grade."

We were grouped into two with five members each. One for the boys and one for the girls. Which is quite unfair. I thought to myself.

I looked at the my team mates and I realized that I was grouped with a bunch of nerds. I wouldn't consider myself one. Or which I had thought.

I looked at the opposing team which is the boys. And I figured that they were a bunch of jocks. And that made this game really unfair.

The five boys that we're grouped were the popular ones. They were Corbyn Besson the smart one. Who knows a lot of facts about space more than NASA does. Jack Avery the curly one. 

Jonah Marais the bookworm. And is very addicted to Harry Potter and reads the series on repeat. Daniel Seavey the musical one. Who knows how to play many instruments more than I can count.

And Zach Herron. The cute one. He has the rosiest cheeks among. That makes my heart flutter. I may or may not have a little crush on him. But I'm way out of his league. So I try my best to hide it.

I'm going to fail this class.

"On my whistle we will start the game. If you're touched by the ball, you're out!" The teacher said. "And the team who has most players left, wins."

"1...2...3" then the whistle blows "go."

I hurriedly grab the ball infront of me and started throwing balls at them. The boys started throwing balls too. And soon enough I was the only one left in my team.

I looked on my left and on my right and it came up to me. I was the only one left. I looked at the boys and they are still complete.

My team mates didn't even hit one of them. I started to panic because I didn't know what to do. I might actually fail this.

And when I looked up, the five boys are already holding balls. They are prepared on throwing it at me.

And when the teacher signaled us to keep playing, I immediately grabbed a ball and threw it at them. However, my arms are so weak that's why it didn't hit any of them.

They laughed at my foolishness. And I felt embarrass at that.

Then, Corbyn threw a ball at me which I dodge at. Feeling the victory, I smiled to myself. But then a ball flew it's way to the gym. Causing it to land on my face.

I landed on my back with the feeling of hurt on my face. The teacher whistled and told them timeout. My back was now laying on the gym floor.

"Oh shoot." I heard someone say. Then the boys were headed their way to me. "Oh my gosh, I'm really sorry." I heard a familiar voice say.

I opened my eyes and saw that Zach Herron was the the one who hit me on the face.

"Can you walk?" Zach asked from behind me. "Of course she can't, you dumbass." Jack said.

"Enough with the chit chat." The tacher said. "Herron, take Y/l/n to the clinic now."

"Okay, ma'am." Zach said. "Okay Y/n since you can't walk I'll just carry you to the clinic then."

"No, I can walk." I said while standing up. But when I stood up, I fell back down again. My body was so weak because of the crash. "I told you, I'll just carry you instead." Zach said.

Zach carried me bridal style. I couldn't help but blush. Instead, I buried my face in his chest.

We made I mean he made his way to the clinic. After knocking a few times, a nurse opened the door.

"What on earth happened to you?" The nurse asked. "She was hit by a dodgeball, on the face." Zach said.

The nurse signaled Zach to come in. And when he did, he put me down on the bed beside the nurse.

"I'm going to need a lot of time to heal her face, but you can come back later if I'm done." The nurse said to Zach. "Okay, then." Zach said as he exited the clinic.

It took the nurse for about 30 minutes to clean and heal my face. It took her long enough because of the huge bruises and small cuts that was on my face.

After that, the nurse helped me to stand and gave me some ways on how will I clean and prevent it while at home.

Then she told me that I can go home now because the teacher excused me because of the incident.

I made my way to the door and when I was outside, I saw Zach sitting in one of the waiting chairs outside.

He waited for me. Even if it took me long enough inside the clinic.

He hurriedly stood up from his chair and looked at me with worried eyes. "Are you okay now?" He asked while holding my hand.

"Yeah I'm okay now and I can walk." I said chuckling a bit. "I hope you're okay, and I'm really sorry again for hitting you with the ball."

"I told you, it's really fine." I said to him. "Well, the nurse said I could go home so I should probably call my dad now."

"Well, okay, good luck." He said. "But if I could, I would drive you home." "Well, you still have class so you can't." I said. "But even though, thank you for the idea."

"No probs, so I guess you'll be going home now, huh?" He said. "Yeah I will, and thank you again for bringing me to the clinic." I said. "Sure thing."

After a few moments of silence Zach talked "uh... uhmm I- I..." "I what?" I asked him. "I wanted to ask you if you wanted to maybe have a lunch with me sometime. If you have a free time but if you don't, then it's fine. I just find you really attractive that's why." He said. His cheeks turning red.

His eyes widened at his own words and mine too. I could feel him mentally face palming his self.

"Just forget about what I said, bye." He said walking away. "Wait." He stopped and looked at me.

"A lunch sounds good."