19: The First Kiss

•••

Something shifted between Felix and Bridgette after that incident in the library. The latter was more open now and it felt like Bridgette was finally getting along with him too. She was finally opening up her heart to him too, just like he did. They both became very good friends over a course of just a few days, though it felt like it'd been an eternity since they've known each other.

However, there was just one problem.

It seemed like Bridgette's heart had pledged to pump as much blood as it could whenever Felix was near and that her stomach would do back flips. The frequency of the blushes increased too and so did the tingly and pleasant feeling that she felt on her skin whenever it made contact with his.

Oh boy, she was in trouble.

"So we are starting anew, right?" He asked quite nervously.

"Yes." Bridgette replied with a smile on her face.

He let out a deep sigh and then flashed her a grin, which conveyed just how relieved, satisfied, and happy he was at this moment.

"Say Felix..?"

"Hm?"

"This, you...the one I'm talking to...it's the real you, right?"

He looked away and his face scrunched up, showing that he was somewhat uncomfortable. Then he chuckled humourlessly and shook his head ever so slightly.

"Honestly...I don't even know how to answer that..."

"The one that you met that day, and the one you're talking to today...they're the same person. The two faces of the same coin. It'd be a lie if I told you that the person who you encountered that day wasn't the real me."

"I've been putting up this façade for so long, pretending for so long that I'm afraid that it has indeed become a part of me. A part that'll always stay with me, no matter how much I don't want it to."

"So what you see now, is not truly the real Felix, yes, but not the fake one either."

"Bridgette!"

Bridgette snapped out of her trance as Mrs Lily called her out. She shook her head, scolding herself for getting lost in the sea of his thoughts again, and attempted to wipe off that idiotic grin off of her face.

"Cover for me please?"

The silence hung in the air after his answer. But it wasn't the uncomfortable kind.

"There is something that I've been meaning to ask you for a while now." He said.

Bridgette just nodded, looking down at her clasped hands.

"Pardon if it sounds intrusive but.."

Bridgette took in a sharp breath.

"You seem to disappear a lot lately. Sometimes right I'm the middle of nowhere. Almost like you vanish into thin air. And then you come back after hours. I..I just couldn't help but observe and got curious. Is..is there someone you meet-"